Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
tyancey
My Device: Not Specified

Calendar corruption

Any repeated all-day events such as birthdays created in Outlook syncs with my Pearl 8130 (and my friend's 8830).  After a few syncs, the events span two days.  Editing the event shows it is still in the 24hr period 12-12.  I save and close (in Outlook) and it reverts back to the one day span.  What is the fix for this besides constantly opening and saving each event?
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Ben

Re: Calendar corruption

You mentioned your friends 8830.  Are you syncing both your BlackBerry devices to the same Outlook account?

If so, can you please post the 8830's handheld software version? (Options > About > v4.?.?.?) 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tyancey

No.  My friend is syncing to his Outlook.  I mentioned his BB to show it isn't a Pearl specific issue.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aapierre

here's a question for you to mull over regarding your 12 - 12 all day event thingy

if you've put in 12 till 12 yourself then maybe that really is 12:00 [00:00] on say Monday until 12:00 [00:00] on Tuesday.

an all day event would be 12:00 [00:00] till 23:59

the extra minute may be the thing taking it over into the next day.

just a thought and i'm not certain if that is the correct way to think on this.

If you have simply ticked the box for all day event in the calendar item then ignore what I've just written.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wvolvo

[ Edited ]

I am having a similar problem.  I have an 8110 pearl.  I sync at home with Outlook 2003 and at work with Notes.  Notes is my master.  I sync with Notes, and then come home and sync with outlook.  All is well for a couple of days, then the desktop softare tells me that my device is out of sync with outlook. 

It sometimes takes away the checkbox in outlook for all day event and sets up start and stop times (dates) for 12AM.  Sometimes to stop date is 1 day off.  Its driving me nuts. 

Also, sometimes for all day events, the "former value" (which must be Outlook) has no end date and the "value" (which I guess is the device) has an end date.  But the in the device, the box is checked for all day events.  

Any help is appreciated!

Message Edited by wvolvo on 08-23-2008 06:33 PM
Message Edited by wvolvo on 08-23-2008 06:45 PM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
oneupcanuck

You may want to try backing up the Calendar database with Desktop Manager's backup/restore tool then go to advanced, select the Calendar database and click clear. Then synchronize with Outlook. This may resolve the issue if it is caused by corrupt database on the handheld.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stewlis
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

I have the same problem, any solutions yet? 

I tried deleting my entire calendar and re-inputting everything from scratch even, and that didn't solve it either. 

It isn't every all-day appointment, it's just a few of them, and even when I delete and recreate them, it still does it.  Specifically, I am syncing a Blackberry Bold 9000 with a MacBook Pro using Blackberry Desktop Manager and iCal.  If I create the event on the Mac in iCal, it's correct on the computer but spans two days on the phone.  If I create it on the phone, it's correct on the phone but spans 2 days in iCal after syncing.  It's driving me nuts!!!  My events are Birthdays, so they are all-day events, and I set them to reoccur every year, no end date, and used the check-box (either on the device or in iCal) to set it to an all-day event.

The events I create in iCal appear fine in iCal, but show as 1:00 AM-1:00 AM on the Blackberry. 

If I edit the event on the Blackberry and make it correct there, it shows as a two day event in ICal from 11:00pm to 11:00pm the next day.

I have checked my time zones in both the Mac and the Blackberry (both set to Eastern Time, GMT-5; on the Mac it says Eastern Daylight Time, the BlackBerry doesn't make a distinction between Daylight Saving Time and regular, wondering if this is where the problme lies???).  Blackberry is set to get time from BlackBerry.

Please use plain text.