If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
Baarbie_B
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9850
My Carrier: Sprint

Can data be restored, if BB Protect is wiped from a stolen phone???? HELP!!!

Lost or Stolen BlackBerry -- What to do to retrieve data? 

Hello,

I have a problem that goes a step further--my BB had BB Protect installed, but no password protection, when someone stole my phone. The carrier tells me that whomever has it has "wiped" the device (master reset?).....is there any way to restore my data when my new phone arrives? Or, I also have Total Equipment Protection app--can that help me?

The only pictures I had of family, some members who have passed away, were on the memory card. If I can't locate the phone, they are lost :' (

But there are also hundreds of phone numbers I infrequently call, but are my only connections to important people in my life; then there's also phone numbers for jobs I've applied to and the numbers I'm supposed to follow up with calls to (and names, email addresses, etc)?!

It seems like the owner of the BB Protect app should be able to retrieve their data somehow, that it shouldn't get wiped from the Protect account, even if someone wipes the phone.  Please tell me there is some way?

I really need all the info I can get--is there any way to restore what the theif wiped, at least???

Any help would be much appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
papped
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Can data be restored, if BB Protect is wiped from a stolen phone???? HELP!!!

You can restore the BB Protect data to any new device.  The data is backed up to a server, so the individual device is of no consequence.  However you have to take note of what data BB Protect actually backs up...  Not everything you listed is actually backed up by BB protect.  For example BB Protect does not backup pictures.  Those are only stored locally on the sdcard unless you uploaded them somewhere.

http://docs.blackberry.com/ko-kr/smartphone_users/deliverables/25582/Switch_devices_1137911_11.jsp

Please use plain text.