Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
haharwayne
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Can't get bb curve to connect to computer, w/ new USB, downloaded desktop manager................anything I'm missing? Help! Thanks, Holly

It is a download purchased from Plimus, from cell-control.com. All info is available there. The question is it an appropriate thing to be opening on a BB, is quite odd! I thought you were a volunteer offering a service, not a sermon. The product was purchased legally and the information says it's legal if used accordingly. If you look at the sight maybe it could answer the questions I am not privy to.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Can't get bb curve to connect to computer, w/ new USB, downloaded desktop manager................anything I'm missing? Help! Thanks, Holly

I think you are misunderstanding me. When I say "appropriate", I mean is it a valid file type that can even be opened on the BB. Not all file types can be opened on a BB...e.g., .exe files cannot be opened on BB's. That's why I'm asking for the details, so that I can understand exactly what you are attempting to do and can therefore attempt to help you resolve this. But, you don't seem to want help since you're not providing the information I've asked for that would enable me to help you.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
haharwayne

Cell-control.com from vendor Plimus. All info must be there, thank you. The appropriateness of the download is an odd question, are you offering a volunteer service or a sermon? The product was purchased and paid for legally, and the product info says it's completely legal if used accordingly. Sheesh!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
haharwayne

I'm not trying to be difficult in not providing the information you ask for, it's just that I am such a neophyte in re. to the co  mputer and smartphone hardware and software, that I do not know where to seek out the answers. It is all a foreign language to me. I really need a lot of help. I'm still stuck. I received a message from the co. pointing out that the file is a zip file and that must be my problem. I have downloaded win zip and now don't know what to do w/ it. Thanks, Holly, if you want to try me w/ the questions again, maybe I could go to the Geek Squad w/ them tomorrow.

Holly

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

From what you describe, you indeed do need a tremendous amount of help. And, at an internet-distance (and, here, for free and from volunteers), I fear that the level of help required will be overwhelming to all participants. I therefore recommend that you do seek in-person support from whoever you can find locally.

Good luck.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

This might help you unzip your file. Also the ehow site has tons of info to learn from

http://www.ehow.com/how_7940327_unzip-file-windows.html

I would contact Plimus about thier SPY software installation, it is their product after all

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,851
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Let's start over with the basics.

Holly:

• What model BlackBerry Curve do you have, what is the model number, such as 8530? Look on the white sticker on under the battery, or at Options > About, on the device.
  • What is the device operating system on the device currently, if you can look,  Look at Options > Device > About, third line down beginning with a "v.6.0.x.xxx", What is yours?
  • What is the COMPLETE filename of the handheld device operating system you want to load ON to the device, the complete filename (you mentioned a OS 7.1 above... there's more in the filename)?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
haharwayne

Thanks tons, if you get half of a message from me it went off prematurely. When I' done @ the MD appt I will forward all requested info that I can locate. Also, if it helps, the product is cell-control.com purchased through Plimus. They have been very good about trying to help too. They seem to think the problem is in opening the zip file on the device and recommend downloading a program to open it. I have downloaded. Such to computer, does it need to go on phone too? The file currently exists on my device, I got it to here in some form, just can't access it. I will get back to you w/ answers to your questions. If you want to talk to cell-control on my behalf that would be cool and I could get you the ref order#. Thanks again, Holly
Please use plain text.
Contributor
haharwayne

The BB is a curve, 8530. And the other info. is V5.0.0.973 (Bundle 1596.platform4.2.0.422) I need assistance answering your last question. Thanks, Holly

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,851
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

haharwayne wrote:

the Geek Squad gentlemen got it to the phone, but, I believe the error message said that the file was too large to open. He then tried every app, he could think of to get it to open, to no avail. What else do you need to know about the file? I will be happy to provide whatever info we need.

Holly

What is the full and exact nameof this file to which you refer?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.