Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
ram_anc
My Device: Curve 8520

Can't receive service books / push email not working

Hi! I need help badly!

I got my BlackBerry Curve 8520 a few days ago and discovered that I cannot receive service books. The icon for my mailbox for my supposedly created email does not appear on my phone after creating it on the BIS. I tried resending service books a thousand times already but nothing. No icons for email showed up on my phone's home screen and not a single service books received. I already contacted my carrier regarding this issue but they're pretty clueless about it. I tried pulling out the battery already, deleting my email and re-adding it up on the BIS, had my account deleted on the BIS and registering my phone again but nothing seemed to work. I still cannot receive service books and no email icon seemed to appear. I even updated the OS of my phone to v5.0. Everything on my Blackberry is working except for my email and service books problem. I also tried going to Options > Advanced options > HRT > register. I also did a Wipe Handheld on my device but nothing changes. My data plan is active and GPRS is in all caps.

Pls help. thanks a lot!

Ram,

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Can't receive service books / push email not working

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Sorry about the delay in replying. Honestly, from all you describe, the issue is at your carrier and they must resolve it. While the one you talked to was clueless, please try again and request escalation to their dedicated BB support folks. They should be more knowledgeable and can as well escalate into RIM if needed.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
ram_anc
My Device: Curve 8520

Hi there! Thanks for the reply!

They weren't able to fix my BB's service books / email prob. Bugged my carrier for almost more than a week. Anyway they just replaced my BB and now everything is perfectly working. I love my BB. Its the best phone ever created!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Excellent! Then it sounds as if it was a hardware problem...which as well was theirs to address. Enjoy!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
jtholmer
My Device: Storm 9530

I have the same issue on my Storm presently. My problem is, it's unlocked and working on my T-Mobile account, so switching out my hardware is not going to be a solution for me.... I've manually reloaded the service books to no avail. I can access the internet through the WAP browser, my SMS and MMS work fine, my Beejive IM connects and 75% of the time, I can access UberTwitter and get notifications from it. Facebook and some other apps are not accessible

With email, I cannot send or receive and the option in the menu bar to reconcile has disappeared. I also cannot resend service books OTA. My device stays on lowercase edge.

It's just extremely frustrating that I got the device only 2 months ago and all was working fine until a week ago. Now I seem to just be stuck with no resolution.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

jtholmer wrote:

I have the same issue on my Storm presently. My problem is, it's unlocked and working on my T-Mobile account, so switching out my hardware is not going to be a solution for me.... I've manually reloaded the service books to no avail. I can access the internet through the WAP browser, my SMS and MMS work fine, my Beejive IM connects and 75% of the time, I can access UberTwitter and get notifications from it. Facebook and some other apps are not accessible

With email, I cannot send or receive and the option in the menu bar to reconcile has disappeared. I also cannot resend service books OTA. My device stays on lowercase edge.

It's just extremely frustrating that I got the device only 2 months ago and all was working fine until a week ago. Now I seem to just be stuck with no resolution.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Well, in your case, you might want to read this:

Good luck.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates