Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Regular Contributor
glafiro
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

Can't restore BBM contacts using email.

I just bought a new Bold 9900. I have tried to restore my BBM contact list using email and it won't work. I recieve the email in my inbox but the BBM app will not process it automatically, it just stays with the message the the verification email was sent and the device will automatically process it when it is recieved.

I can see the email in my inbox but it will not restore!!

Any tips??

Retired
Dr_Palto
My Device: 9000, 9500

Re: Can't restore BBM contacts using email.

Hello glafiro,

Do you have any hard backups of your old BlackBerry smartphone? Here is an article on how to backup your BlackBerry Messenger contacts and how to restore them. http://bbry.lv/a6QD4b

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
bearsfoxylady
My Device: Bold 9900 (white)/9360 Curve (White)

I've tried restoring BBM Contacts to the same model from a back up done on a 9360. I keep selecting the back up and it will not restore bbm contacts. I have tried restoring from BB Protect. My back up linked to my gmail doesn't exist anymore for some reason. I have no way to get this restored. I've tried for over an hour :smileysad: I'm not sure what else to do here. I don't mean to attach to someone elses thread, I'm having the same issue and didn't want to post a new one on  an existing issue either though.

Thanks in advance.

New Contributor
elricomarx
My Device: Bold 9900

Having the same problem. Says my 2 email accounts aint synced to my BBid and there's no other way to restore bbm contacts on a 9900 without BBid