Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Various
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Hide sent messages and incoming calls !

Ok, I've been able to resolve this problem by downgrading the OS from 5.0.0.977 to 5.0.0.832

I'm assuming that there has to be a problem with the 5.0.0.977 release. Hopefully OS6 upgrade for the vf uk 9300 is imminent.

This was affecting several of our users who I've swapped in the last few days from an 8310Curve to a brand new 9300Curve. The original 8310Curve had been working perfectly.

• Blackberry Curve 3G 9300
  • Platform 6.3.0.63, Blackberry 5.0.0.977
  • Carrier: Vodafone
  • Region: UK
  • BES Version 4.1.6.
  • Domino
  • I've set the setting to "Yes", saved, did not "take" the setting.
  • Brand new phone, activated on our BES. Upgraded from Curve 8310 that worked perfectly. 
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

smousse wrote:

Ok, I've been able to resolve this problem by downgrading the OS from 5.0.0.977 to 5.0.0.832

I'm assuming that there has to be a problem with the 5.0.0.977 release. Hopefully OS6 upgrade for the vf uk 9300 is imminent.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Given my results (posted just prior to yours), I am not so certain that your diagnosis and remedy is accurate. If you have the time, I encourage you to review my results and perhaps attempt to replicate.

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Various
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Cannot hide sent items

Honestly, I have fixed it the way I described so I thought I'd just share my experience that's all. I did read the prior post.
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

smousse wrote:

In which case, there's no way to actually validate your prior assumption...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: O2

Same thing happened to me BB(9300).  I am BES Admin. No such policy exists on our BES as it looks like device related.

Delete user account from BES

Add new account to BES

and run the Enterprise Activation.

(this fixed my problem)

This seems to have fixed the problem.  Note they lose their signature

My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Orange

I, too, share this problem.

I have just got a Blackberry Curve 9300 and cannot hide my sent messages/emails. It's very annoying. Is there a solution out there to what is evidently a VERY common problem?

Re: Sent message view issue

Me too. I have just got the same phone this week and have the exact same problem.

It must be a Blackberry OS problem as I've read about it happening to all kinds of phones at all sorts of times - not just with new ones either.

My Device: 9300
My Carrier: AT7T

I had the same problem, I read the support forums and google to no avail.  I contacted my BES admin and here is what he recommended to resolve the issue (and it worked):

Under advanced options, service books, delete Desktop (CMIME) and then undelete it.

This solved my problem and I hope it solves yours.

Thanks,

Jason

Thanks, Jason but I've looked and don't have the "Desktop (CMIME)" in my list under the Service Books.

Any suggestions?

Kind Regards

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: 8975337027

I am also facing exactly the same issue on my blacberry 8520. I recently upgraded to OS 5. I already have changed the setting's to Hide Sent message to yes...but then also I am able to see the sent message's..  On previous OS 4 it was working perfectly fine. Could anybody please provide any input on this?