Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
mechanic
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Cannot move from t-mobile to O2 (Help)

• I purchased a Pearl from a colleague at work and it was on the t-mobile network
  • I've had it unlocked to work with any network and have been using it on O2 PAYG for some time
  • I have now moved to an O2 contract with blackberry data and tried to register my phone via O2email.co.uk but keep getting the message that an account already exists for this PIN
  • I've spoken to O2 support and they're telling me the PIN is allocated to another service provider (which I already know) and the other service provider needs to release it
  • My colleague has contacted t-mobile and they are telling him that his account has been cancelled and can't see a blackberry internet account
  • I've been to the t-mobile BIS site and entered the PIN and requested a password and I get an SMS message saying the user name and password don't exist

What can I do to get the PIN released so I can allocate it to O2?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,881
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Cannot move from t-mobile to O2 (Help)

You or the seller need to contact TMo and request that the PIN be released from the old account.

This is a common problem when users abandon an account leaving the PIN registered on that network.

While you have it unlocked correctly, the PIN is still tied to the old account. 

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mechanic
My Device: Not Specified

Tried contacting t-mobile and they won't do anything for me as I wasn't the account holder. The previous account holder has already contacted them and was told that there was no information on the account. Will get him to try again but seem to be going round in circles
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

mechanic wrote:
Tried contacting t-mobile and they won't do anything for me as I wasn't the account holder. The previous account holder has already contacted them and was told that there was no information on the account. Will get him to try again but seem to be going round in circles

It is possible that they have to contact RIM and there is an issue on RIMs end.  Either way though, it needs to come from the originating carrier.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
BBsingh
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

O2 should escalatethis to RIm and RIM BIS support can relese your PIN from any accounts.
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
virtue
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: WiFi

by the way Sir, 

where and how we can contact RIM to release PIN? someone here works for RIM?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne

virtue wrote:

by the way Sir, 

where and how we can contact RIM to release PIN? someone here works for RIM?

Contact the carrier

Please use plain text.
Contributor
virtue

i bought a second hand BB and i dont know which operator the PIN is associated with, i don't even know the previous owner, and all said even i know the operator, and i cannot provide the device history or the account information, the PIN account cannot be closed

so i think only RIM can delete this kind of account but i can't find anywhere support from RIM accept the Technical Service Phone Line Support which we have to pay about $50 to buy tickets for talking with the support person

Please use plain text.
Contributor
virtue

this is PIN thing is getting annoying, why dont they just put some menu on the blackberry device, where we could also delete PIN account instead of just creating new account, can you imagine the trouble of selling our used BB device to others? there should be a solution to delete PIN account on network than have to call the operator?
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne

virtue wrote:
this is PIN thing is getting annoying, why dont they just put some menu on the blackberry device, where we could also delete PIN account instead of just creating new account, can you imagine the trouble of selling our used BB device to others? there should be a solution to delete PIN account on network than have to call the operator?

Send an email to bbsuggestions@rim.com suggesting this.  Perhaps it is a theft deterrent mechanism ...

Please use plain text.