Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Visitor
sunblock
My Device: Pearl 8100
My Carrier: T-mobile

Re: Cannot send new mails neither forward, but can reply (without adding new recipients) - HELP!

Thanks ! Works like a charm !!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nicole2109
My Device: 8520 curve

Re: Cannot send new mails neither forward, but can reply (without adding new recipients) - HELP!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SOLVING MY PROBLEM!
Please use plain text.
jaydee2790
My Device: 9700 BOLD/ONYX
My Carrier: XL

hey Derbes, thank you very very very very very much. I had the same problem for a year plus and couldnt find a solution, i even brought it to the blackberry service center in Jakarta but they had no idea and gave up.

Thank yoou very much! Just so you know, i made an account here just to thank you for the solution! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
adero
My Device: 9700 bold
My Carrier: telenor

Hey,

thank you!!!!
I had the very same problem...was doing my head in.
Autolookup was not working, couldnt forward emails, couldn't actually send the emails as the "send" option was simply not there... I could however reply for some bizarre reason.
But above answered did the trick.
Weird with the "Show recent contacts when composing email" function isn't it...... What is that for, really????
Beats me. Seems to be doing exactly the opposite if you ask me.

But big thank you to solve this for me!
Have a great weekend!!!
Please use plain text.
adero
My Device: 9700 bold
My Carrier: telenor

funny it is now thinking of it that noone of the so called experts on BB's could help. I also contacted my BB provider and they did not have a clue. They told me to do a restart...... haha. that seems to be the solution to everything. Broadband providers says the same thing..... That or if I have actually pluged in the powercable.

Eff me, I am absolutely  hopeless when it comes to these tech things (well almost hopeless) but even I could sit there for god sake,answering phone calls only to be telling peeps to reboot.

Reeeeeboooooooot!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
hargopaldasa
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

Thanks a ton DR Bes,

This one worked like a magic. I have been struggling with this problem for over six months now and did not find a solution in any of the forums and finally came across.

Thanks again for the help,

Best,
Please use plain text.
hargopaldasa
My Device: Curve 8520

hargopaldasa wrote:
Thanks a ton DR Bes,

This one worked like a magic. I have been struggling with this problem for over six months now and did not find a solution in any of the forums and finally came across.

Thanks again for the help,

Best,

Folks - I used the steps as suggested by Dr Bes and it works:

Hello all!!

This is my first answer in BlackBerry Support Community.

I had the same problem, but searching I found this solution:

Originally Posted by Injected66

In the message view, select options>general options. Set the "Show recent contacts when composing email" to "no". exit and save.

I toggled back and forth between the yes and no setting, and the autolookup works fine when set to "no" and stops working when set to "yes". Everytime.

Now, I'm not sure what the purpose of "show recent contact..." setting is. It doesn't do anything when set to "yes".

I hope that works for them, works for me.

Best regards

Please use plain text.
bijoyphilipose
My Device: 8300

My phone had the same problem. I resolved it by completely wiping/resetting the handset. You should backup device before it.

Please use plain text.
mvmarziale
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange/EE

I found the problem lay in replying to emails where I had no email address in my Contacts for that recipient. Somehow the program did not lock onto the email address buried in the email to which I was replying, but looked for the address in my Contacts.  The answer was to edit the Contact for that recipient and insert the email address. Go figure...

Hope this might help someone

Please use plain text.
CJBerk
My Device: 8530 Curve
My Carrier: Sprint

Thanks a million! This really saved me after months of problems with the disappearing "send"option
"Originally Posted by Injected66

In the message view, select options>general options. Set the "Show recent contacts when composing email" to "no". exit and save.
I toggled back and forth between the yes and no setting, and the autolookup works fine when set to "no" and stops working when set to "yes". Everytime 

Now, I'm not sure what the purpose of "show recent contact..." setting is. It doesn't do anything when set to "yes".

I hope that works for them, works for me
Please use plain text.