Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
droy
My Device: Not Specified

Change the email address that a blackberry messenger request comes from

I have multiple email addresses setup for my bberry, and I'd like to change which address my blackberry messenger requests come from.  How do I do that?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Change the email address that a blackberry messenger request comes from

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Doesn't BBMessenger work off of device PIN? Which would make the email address not a component...unless I am misunderstanding your question?

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
droy

It may, but think of it this way.  When I add someone as a contact on blackberry messenger it sends them an email invitation.  That invitation comes from one email address.  I want to change the "source" email address so it comes from a different email address (I have multiple setup on my blackberry).

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Really. Interesting...all of my BBM requests go via BBM only. What I have is contact items for everyone, with the PIN field also filled in. When I initiate the BBM contact request, I select their PIN as the destination of my request. As far as I know, they receive that request inside of BBM only...not as an email.

Now, if you don't yet have their PIN, the request I suppose would be going out as an email...and unless you see, in that email, a "Send Using" box at the top, then you can't change which email address the request comes from. If that Send Using is there and you can change it, then that's where to change it.

Sorry I can't help more...I guess that you and I initiate BBM contact requests differently.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Doughnutdemon

I think you have to set the default email address from "Tools", "Advanced Options", "Default Services". It would probably affect your default general e-mail address too.

Please use plain text.
yugandhar_mrr
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi!

The information which you provided is enough for me.... it solved my problem.

Cheers !!!

Yugandhar M Rajaram
Please use plain text.