If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

mkehl
My Device: Not Specified

Changing the provider on BIS

Hello all,

I have a blackberry 8830 which was formerly with Bell Mobility in Canada.  I've now been looking to register it with Voda NZ network.  I've been able to get the thing to work perfectly on the network.  The only problem is that i cannot get push services, as when i go to register my PIN with the Voda NZ porthole on the BIS registration site it tells me that it is registered with another provider.  Bell has assured me that they did release the PIN on my device, and that it should be free to be registered on any network now.  So is this a problem with RIM not deregistering the handset from Bell?  If I were to contact RIM through there one time assistance program, is this something which they could likely fix?  I'm just a little reluctant to pay $40 for someone to tell me it won't work; and it doesn't seem fair to pay someone this to hit 2 or 3 key strokes and tell me its all fixed.  Thanks in advance for any replies.    

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Re: Changing the provider on BIS

Call Voda NZ and indicate the problem to them.  They should be able to contact RIM on your behalf to have it released if indeed it is somehow still stuck in their system.
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Changing the provider on BIS

Ask for a guy called Dave in the Blackberry Area of Vodafone NZ..

Tell him his buddies in Australia sent you..

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Please use plain text.