Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
jason_l_camp
My Device: Not Specified

Computer to Blackberry Messenger

I have BB 8310 and am looking for a way to communicate with parents that have a computer and my blackberry through an instant messenger service.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
JeremyKitching
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Computer to Blackberry Messenger

You could install the free Yahoo! Messenger or GoogleTalk clients on your BlackBerry, and then have your parents get an account (with either one). that way you could chat with them.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
arej00dazed

depending on carrier, i was told (by verizon) that each yahoo message counts as a txt message used. so if you have unlimited or a good amount of free txt messages, this would be the way to go. dunno if BB messenger messages counts as txt messages or not.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Gareth
My Device: 8520, 9700

BB Messenger is non billable as it works across the BlackBerry APN and is device to device only.

I am unsure of all carriers but Yahoo messenger and Google Talk generally works in the same fashion now as long as it is the RIM Client.....and should be non billable aswell....each carrier unto there own though...

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
arej00dazed

....each carrier unto there own though...

yeah it annoys the hell outta me that they charge yahoo messages as txt messages. both verizon and tmobile does this. or at least i was told that verizon does this. i havent actually used YM on my BB yet

Please use plain text.