Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

MJK87
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: Tmobile

Constant 9790 Issues - Never getting a BB again.

Hi,

I'm really annoyed in all honesty because I've had no stop trouble with the 9790 since I first got it. It started with my facebook and twitter apps not working unless I was connected to wifi, despite all my other apps working on the internet. My carrier as per usual were useless and I've yet to find a resolve for this still, months on.

The second issue was the screen stopped being responsive as a touch screen after being on for about 5 to 10 minutes. If you took the battery out and put it back in, it'd suddenly start working again for another 5-10 minutes. This slowly reduced to eventually stop working after a few seconds, to eventually not at all.

This alongside extremely poor battery life (it lasts longer when I have the wifi on for some reason), slow responsiveness, poor app choice and a weird text message system that means I have the full message received, but it only shows half of it, prompting me to click on it and press view to see it all, makes this the worst phone I have ever used.

So naturally you're probably all like well do a software update Mike and that I did, which is when I experienced some great piece of Blackberry software, where you guessed it, it didn't work!

A known problem backing up the 9790 (according the internet) is that if you have social feed ticked, it won't let you do the backup. Not only is this extremely annoying that I had to look online how to fix this, but also because it meant I had to log off my computer, take out my battery of my phone and wait for it to boot online again. Why? Because the Blackberry software on the PC doesn't recognise the device if you've unplugged it once (because I had no choice of course). Picture of said problem here http://vvcap.net/db/0S2Jut7S5txxmecIal0g.png

So I manage to do a backup (although I hold little hope it'd actually ever work) and now I wanted to see if there was a software update to do or something like that, so I went to applications and pressed apply and it started to do a backup again. So frustratingly it stopped because of the social feed thing again, so I take the battery out of my phone again and log on and off my computer again.

This time I went to the settings option and unticked the social feed for all future updates, went to applications, press apply again......of course it stopped and refused to work, even though I'd done the apparent work around.

Finally had enough, wiped the data from my phone and it just went completely white which is currently what I'm left with. Hopefully plugging it into my computer might reset it but I find it highly unlikely.

I run a business online with over 150,000 people viewing the website each month and don't have time for all of this messing around. I can safely say I will never recommend a Blackberry to a friend, family or one of my website visitors, I will never buy another Blackberry and I will be getting rid of this Blackberry as soon as possible. It's a shame because all I wanted was a decent smartphone that was easy for emails and typing, updating the occasional status on Twitter or Facebook. Instead I've been given this useless piece of junk that I quite frankly have felt like smashing into tiny little pieces on numerous occasions because it can't do simple functions.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Constant 9790 Issues - Never getting a BB again.

MJK87 wrote:

Finally had enough, wiped the data from my phone and it just went completely white which is currently what I'm left with. Hopefully plugging it into my computer might reset it but I find it highly unlikely.

See the link below for the download, and follow these simple installation instructions.

First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." (You might have another Vendor.xml file hiding on your computer. Open Windows Explorer and under the Organize button (on Windows 7, there are similar tools for Vista and XP) click on "Folder and search options." Under the View tab, make sure that your computer is set to show hidden folders and files. Once you've done this, search your C:\ drive for "Vendor.xml".)
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

If the above does not reload the OS to your deivce, you will need to use BBSAK or JL_Cmder to wipe the device and subsequently load the OS to the device. Follow the instructions here:
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F
For BBSAK, here is the link: http://bbsak.org/

If JL_Cmder does not work, follow this instructional:
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.