Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
jmcb13
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Corrupt Software Update for Bold 9900

[ Edited ]

I tried to install software updates for my Blackberry Bold 9900 it went into back up mode, which is has been unable to get past 0% for over 8 hours and constantly resets itself as it displays APP ERROR 602! Cannot use my phone in any capacity!  Please help!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Corrupt Software Update for Bold 9900

If you're using BlackBerry Desktop Software to update your phone, unplug your phone from your PC despite what is showing on the PC screen or your phone's screen.  Once you've done that, shut down BlackBerry Desktop Software then power it up again and plug your phone back in.

One of two things should happen.  Your phone will be recognized by the software and you'll be told to update your OS.  You'll then be offered the opportunity to do so.  If that doesn't happen, your phone will not be recognized by BDS and you'll have to follow the instructions in this article:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144 .

Please post back with your results.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.