Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

My Device: Not Specified

Create Calendar or ToDo Item from an Email

There are many times that I recieve emails that I would like to create an appointment or a ToDo item from.  What I end up doing is copying the entire text of the email, then going out to the calendar or ToDo, and then pasting the email into the "Notes:" section and then setting the time/date details.

Is there an easier way to do this?

It would be awesome if one of the menu items (when the pearl or blackberry is pushed) would be to "create appointment" or "create ToDo" then jump to a blank appointment or ToDo.  It has been a long time since I used one of the contact managers for PDA, but I think I recall being able to do something like this.

Is there a way to make this suggestion, or is there an easier way to do what I am trying to do?

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Create Calendar or ToDo Item from an Email

with just your BlackBerry device, you cannot do easier.
but I know there are third party applications that do just that : you are viewing a message, open the menu and there is a "create todo from email" item.

you can search on handango for example.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: