If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
GiovannaPerry
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom-SA

Curve 8520 Browser not working

I have a BlackBerry Curve 8520 running BB OS 5. Recently the default BB browser will not load pages. After navigating to any page the loading bar at the bottom of the screen will fill up but when it is fill the browser will display a blank page. I installed Opera Mini on the devise and it opens up and displays all web pages fine. I have tried removing the battery and re inserting it without success. I am also unable to reinstall the browser from the BB desktop app. Is there any way to fix this issue without reintalling the OS from scratch?
Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Curve 8520 Browser not working

Reloading your OS would be my advice to you but you don't wish to do so.  Out of curiosity, may I ask why not?  Reloading the OS usually makes a phone run smoother and often gets rid of many little glitches that have crept in over time.  I have no other suggestion other than that, and I would suggest you consider it.

I hope I've helped you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
cwigg73
My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: T-MOBILE USA

This will fix your issue with the browser.

Go into Options > Advanced Options> Service Books > then DELETE them ALL.

There will be one that doesn't delete.

Pull your battery (and sim if you have one, if you do boot the phone without the sim first then replace the battery with the sim).

This will reload your service books and your browser will work again.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GiovannaPerry
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom-SA

Unfortunately the service book reset did not work, looks like I am going to have to reinstall the OS. I'm just not looking forward to the effort of starting everything from scratch. Oh well...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jagadesh
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Develoer

Hi guys,

I to have pull my hair for one day, if we have tried to update the OS 5 to blackberry 8520, the connect your device to the destop manager, before you have tried to update you would have taken the back up right, just go to option in the destop manager and click on the restore option, you will shown a pop up box with the back up file select that and click on OK, Then your device will be asked for restart then very thing will work fine....

Please use plain text.
TeddyN
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Virgin

Resolved: I did this and it worked for my phone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abdohema
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: etisalat

i have the same problem ,plz can u tell me how can u fix this problem ???
and thanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abdohema
My Carrier: etisalat

what u did certainly plz ???
Please use plain text.
EntrepreNoor
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks. It worked for me as well
Please use plain text.
hopeithelps
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: etisalat U.A.E.

hi hope this helps you, i have this problem too recently and because i really need badly to open the browser i dont stop looking and finding a solution so hope this help you,

first you have to go to application, when you get there the is a box on the upper right corner please select core (3 choices; third party, add ons and core select core)

then highlight the browser then press the menu button (BB logo) and then select "edit default permission" and make sure all are in "allow" defaults state then save.

then exit go to advanced option select routing table and then press the menu and select register now. then exit

after that go to your home screen press hold the left alt key while doing this press L,G,L,G continuously 2 times a log note will appear, press the menu key select refresh and press menu again and select clear log.

this fix my browser not opening for many try of pressing.
(you may connect your BB to your pc as i was connected when doing this solutions)

hopeithelps!
Please use plain text.