Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

tapirsflownaway
My Device: Not Specified

Curve 8520 browser problems - please help!

I've had my Curve 8520 for three weeks and it was working like a dream. However, yesterday evening, the browser application suddenly stopped working. I know it's not an issue with my wi-fi, as my laptop is still working fine. When I try to load the browser and visit a website, it flashes up "requesting..." as normal, and then goes to "loading" with a white screen, but refuses to load the web page. What's wrong with it? I've tried changing options in the browser configuration, but nothing works. Please help me!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Curve 8520 browser problems - please help!

With any glitch on a BlackBerry, first off do a battery pull reboot,

With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot. 

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Curve_8520_Owner_Am
My Device: Blackberry Bold 990
My Carrier: o2

Had the same exact problem also happened only a few weeks after i got my phone. Make sure the phone is still on and take the battery out. After a few seconds put it back in the phone will automatically restart this may take a few minutes but dont worry it will reboot and then you should be fine. My web browser returned and has not since frozen on the loading screen. Hope that helps

Please use plain text.
yonicohen73
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Virgin Media

have a browser problem too,

I bought my curve 8520 just under a month ago, everything worked fine, then all of a sudden the browser just shows me strange squares and symbols. So when there's a prblem with a blackberry, i do the battery pull restart.

So i did that, then opened the browser, and it was still just squares and symbols. i did the attery pull 3 more times, no change. I cleared the history, cache and cookies, and it was still the same. What do i do???

Hopefully i will be able to get it back to normal asap so someone please tell me what to do?? All the alternate browsers on app world are **bleep** and dont work.

PLEASE HELP!!! :Helpsmilie::manmad:

Please use plain text.
vishd
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: airtel

on my blackberry my browser is not opening!

i know it sounds strange but yeah when i click on the browser option nothing happens,my home screens stays the same!i can not even use it over wi-fi..

PLEASE HELP :Helpsmilie:

Please use plain text.