Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
Accepted Solution

Curve 9300 - "Call failed"

Hello Community,

my Curve 9300 says "Call failed" whenever I try to call any number. Sms does not work either.

I am connected to my provider (movistar argentina), I have service.

WiFi for example works fine.

I am using OS v5.

Anyone has the same problem and maybe knows the solution?

I am looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks,

myberryisblack

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Curve 9300 - "Call failed"

Hello,

Since your issues are 100% voice-level (no BB services are involved in your issue), you should first check to be sure that your BB is eligible to operate on their network.

1. If you bought your BB directly from Movistar, then you need to go back and see them.
  2. If you bought your BB from somewhere else AND the BB was not originally manufactured for Movistar, then you need to check to be sure that the BB is properly prepared for use on any carrier:

Otherwise, you need to talk to your provider (Movistar) to figure out why your BB cannot properly function on their network.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300

Thank you for answer!

The problem is solved, there was an error in my providers network and they fixed it immediately :smileyhappy:

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

You are very welcome...enjoy!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code