Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Deassociating Blackberry Internet Service with service provider!! SWISSCOM

Hi,

I recently bought a blackberry pearl 8100 (paid through my nose for it) from a friends colleauge.The phone was branded by Swiscom Mobile (switzerland) now the problem is that the sim is active i can make & recieve calls & sms. BUT THE BIS IS NOT!!. i'm using BPL Mobile (india) and they have blackberry internet service, i went to their page(ww.bplmobile.blacberry.com) after activating the service to activate my account BUT it said"device registered with another service provider .... blah...blaah...blllaaaahhh....please re-register. so i called swisscom but they're not understanding what i'm saying. i'm asking them to deassociate the pin & imei of my phone from their BIS server and they're going on about sim unlock......"sir you can make calls means that the phone has been unlocked... we can't help you more".... but through various posts i read i know all they have to do is to deassociate the pin & imei from their server so that bpl can catch it on their servers. Please help me with this cos as i said i've paid through my nose for it and if i can't get this BIS mail then this phone is as good as a NOKIA 6600!!! so any techie out there who can write up something that i can email them so that they understand better PLEASE HELP!!!!

thanks (and sorry for going so on & on, i'm frustrated with this plight of mines.... it costs me 12 rupees a minute (thats $.60 and they take atleast 5 minutes to put me on to a executive talk to me for ten minutes and i'm back to square one so thats like $15 for nothing three times a day!!!!)

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Deassociating Blackberry Internet Service with service provider!! SWISSCOM

i dont know waht to tell you. they or RIm are the only people who can disassociate your BB from the old BIS accout. Swisscom should escalate your issue to RIm of they cant resolve this. You said you are with BPL, infact BPL should esacalte this to RIM. so you can try having escalating this to RIM via BPL and RIM will make your BB free of old BIS account.
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

Ok i'll try that but ANY WAY to talk to RIM directly??? cos bpl are no better than swisscom really

Forums Veteran I

you can call them directly, it wont be free. they charge if you wanna call them direct, free via your carrier though. this should not be big deal for BPL. They can just send an email to RIM saying that they need to set this PIN to zero as BPL needs to create a BIS account.
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

i talked to bpl they're arranging a call back from the tech team of bpl. but can you rovide me with RIM contact no.? and the charges??? so that i can contact them if this doesn't work out! thanks,
Forums Veteran I

1-877-255-2377, i beleive they charge $50 somethng per incident, but i am sure BPL escaltes it it will be done.
New Contributor

YAAHOOOO!!! I DID IT!!!! it was really stupid of me, swisscom & bpl altogether. heres wat happened:

1)swisscom couldn't find my PIN No. on their database as the device was never registered (via bis or sim card) to the network

2) so i went to swisscom's BIS Login page (www.mobileemail.swisscom.ch) and registered for my BIS with swisscom even though i don't use their network.

3) i called up swiss com blackberry tech. department and told them about my problem again and this time they were able to verify the PIN No. on their databse.

4)they confirmed me by asking me a few questions like user name, email account added etc. and they then deleted it!!!

NOW IM FREE~!!~~!~~ thanks a lot BBsingh!!!

P.S. (singh= indian surname singh???)