Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
melvinlee
My Device: Blackberry curve
My Carrier: Maxis

Delay of receiving email for all blackberry users who connected to Microsoft Exchange 2010.

Hi,

I am Melvin as IT System Engineer at Investment Bank Berhad in Malaysia. We are in the migration process of email Server, we will migrate all the users (POP 3) to Microsoft Exchange 2010. We had facing a problem for all the Blackberry mobile users, which mentioned that every single email will have to take 20 min to 30 min in order to transmit from Exchange Server 2010 to Blackberry mobile users. This is actually a big issue due to our top management users are blackberry users. We have performed a test, in which the email from the Exchange 2010 will only take 1-2 minutes in order to reach an Android phone or IPhone (using Active Sync).

Can you provide a solution for us? Any other way we can try for solve the performance issue. Your co-operation is highly appreciate.

Thank you very much,

Best Regards,

Melvin Lee

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
fs_james
My Device: *
My Carrier: No Carrier

Re: Delay of receiving email for all blackberry users who connected to Microsoft Exchange 2010.

Dear Lee

If i am not wrong then you must have BIS data plan for it to be pushed on the BB of your top management. Now if you want not to use the default BB service provided by the RIM then you must install a BES (Black Berry Enterprize Server).

I think in your case you dont have any od these plans and try to route the emails through internet or wifi to BB. If so then it will take time because the BB will have to be set on a specifric time to go onair and sync for the emails it must do it always in the preiod.

I dont know your organization mail struture if you provide sufficeint information the may be i can help you.

Take care

Please use plain text.
Contributor
melvinlee

Re: Delay of receiving email for all blackberry users who connected to Microsoft Exchange 2010.

Hi James,

Thank you for your quick reply. Yes, you are right, my organization didn't have any BES installed in the network and we are using internet (data plan) and Wifi to receive the emails.

James, every top management had setup our company email address in their blackberry mobile and Microsoft outlook. They are complaining that why they only can received the mail after 20 minutes compare to Microsoft Outlook?

James, any alternative way or other solutions except BES setup in our organization to speed up the receiving mails performance?

Thank you very much. Appreciate alot.

Regards,
Melvin Lee
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
fs_james

Can yo tell me what carrier they are using for BIS i will further guide for your problem

Take care

Please use plain text.
Contributor
melvinlee

Hi James,

the Carrier is name "MAXIS" in Malaysia. Thanks alot Bro.. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
fs_james

OK thanks for your kind reply

If you want to rout your emails faster then you must do these steps

1.  Navigate to Maxis BB INternet Service

2.  Create account these using your top manangement BB PIN and IMEI numbers one by one

3.  After login Add the POP3, IMAP4, OWA mailsboxes into it. (Only 10 can be added of any of these prvious mentioned type mailboxes of the world like gmail, hotmail, yahoo, Exchange if public other wise not)

4.  This will gives you mush faster speed for emails.

Remmeber:

1.  If the BB is not able to browser though wireless network not wifi the it will not work.

2.  If your exchange server in not conigured to OWA or Outlook Anywhere with public IP (I.e Locate able on the inertenet Anywhere) then it will not work.

This is only whay to rout the emails to the BB and very fast way. You will see the difference after configurations.

I am avaialbe on skyepe too.

Need any help please let me know

Please use plain text.
Contributor
melvinlee

Hi James,

Double confirm with you,

Email infractructure in our company is configured like below.

1) OWA was registed in Public IP and publish in HTTPS, but system team had configure the TMG firewall rules to restrict all users to access in WAN, but open for few selected users to access it anywhere.

2) Outlook anywhere was disable.

James, in this kind of instracture, as a normal users who already restricted access to OWA in WAN, but registed in Maxis BB Internet Service  , is it that user still will facing the receiving performamnce issue?

If yes, is it this issue will solve if we assisgn that user to access the OWA in WAN on the TMG or open the OWA website to all users in company?

Another question is, if we enable the outlook anywhere but still block the OWA website to all users, what setting need to do in Blackberry mobile phone? Only setup email will do, no other setting?

Please advice,

Thank you very much,

Regards,

Melvin Lee

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
fs_james

Microsoft Forefront TMG will have somesyncing issues with your BB. But if have able to sync some users then it will not be a problem

Now for your questions

James, in this kind of instracture, as a normal users who already restricted access to OWA in WAN, but registed in Maxis BB Internet Service , is it that user still will facing the receiving performamnce issue?

Yes please follow my concept. I will deal with you like a IT porfessional and assume that you are well known IT Professional. Now For this question yes it will facing problem consder the routing please

Users will configured to Internet plan. Now a email is recevied to mailbox. The mailbox will diplay it on outlook in milliseconds right. Now that email will also have been recevied by internet data plan and they will push it to the device. Now The user who is restirced through TMG on WAN cannot able to get email some. because TMG will block the request because of restrcititon.

If yes, is it this issue will solve if we assisgn that user to access the OWA in WAN on the TMG or open the OWA website to all users in company?

Answer:

Yes this will be solved. Since IIS6 or 7 has SSL encryption and when you allow that user to communicate through TMG on WAN then the packets send through the exchange will be recevied to Inernet service without any issue of routing or restcition so that the carrier will defiantly able to send this email to the user on BB without any issue.

Another question is, if we enable the outlook anywhere but still block the OWA website to all users, what setting need to do in Blackberry mobile phone? Only setup email will do, no other setting?

Answer:

If you enable Outlook any where then the users who configured on this mailbox type will be recevied the email and others since they are not using the same as OWA so there is no need for enalbing the Outlook any where. This case i suggested only if you have this mail box type uers.

Since your users are using POP3 exchnage mailbox so unrestirct the user through TMG for OWA will work also if your have IMAP and OWA users too then it will work also when you unistrcit them. There is no need for enable this exncgane feature.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
melvinlee

Thank you very much, i need to bring this solution to my system team and will ask them for this. I will try it out this, and will get back to you. Hopefully this will work.

Thanks James.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
fs_james

YOu are welcome You can follow me on skype for further details

Take care and hop this will work for your infrastructure

Its very nice to talk to

Please use plain text.