Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Delay with Receiving GMail.

Thanks for the reply tz123abc,

Again, I do not see any issues with the notify on your Gmail account.  3 more test emails were sent and took an average of 10 seconds to hit your BlackBerry.

I would give 48 hours to monitor the delivery of all email on your BlackBerry and then follow up on Saturday.  

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Visitor
rcarruth
My Device: Bold 9700

This is happening with me as well, started just after I purchased the 9700. The arrival times vary from immediate to 20 minutes. I also understood that any emails deleted off the Gmail server would be taken off my Blackberry but this is not happening as well.  Is this a BIS, AT&T or phone issue? Thanks

Please use plain text.
cdclark42
My Device: 9700

I have approximately 40 users on T-mobile Blackberries using Google Apps email accounts which as far as I know are basically using RIM's and Google's Gmail arrangements. Most devices are 9700 Bold 2's, with a few 8320s and a couple of 8700s. I haven't heard too many complaints but I do have one user in particular on a Bold who is having serious delays in receiving emails, on the order of several hours. They seem to come in in sporadic bursts.

As a troubleshooting measure I had him try one thing when he noticed that the emails were not coming in. I had him open the Blackberry browser and go to any website. As soon as he did this all the delayed messages came in. I also verified that he had decent coverage and it was as usual, pretty strong signal and connected to 3G.

I have also resent service books to that device so I'll be monitoring to see if the issue persists. I just wanted to post here in case these issues were relevant to the original poster's problem.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tz123abc
My Device: Bold 9650

Hi ViciousFerret,

Here is an update on my intermittent delayed email problem.  I continued to notice intermittent delays in receiving email from Thursday (10/28) afternoon until Friday (10/29) evening.  Since Friday evening I have not noticed any delays in receiving my emails.  They have all been pushed to my BB in a timely manner that would fit my description of instant push (within a minute).  I trust that the cause of my (and many other BB users) email delays has been fixed permanently.

Thanks for your help in working through this problem.

Please use plain text.
Retired
ViciousFerret

Hi tz123abc,

Thank you for the update.  I'm glad to see the email delivery is back to normal.  If anything does change in the email delivery times please let me know. :smileyhappy:

-ViciousFerret

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
judobrett
My Device: curve 9300

Hey ferret
Thanks for the help.

My gmail is still being sporadic in times. The notification errors that u saw, are they RIM or gmail related.

Is it bell/RIM's issue or is it gmail itself?

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tz123abc
My Device: Bold 9650

Hi ViciousFerret,

The delays are back.  They are short delays of several minutes right now, but delays none the less.  Can I get a case open with RIM about this issue?  It has been ongoing for quite some time now.  The problem is occurring right now, so now may be a time for you to see some delays in your test emails.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Retired
ViciousFerret

Hey tz123abc and Judobrett,

If the delays are still minutes long then the notify is still working.   We are currently looking for examples of delays longer than 15 minutes, then there will be an actual issue with the notify.

-ViciousFerret

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
judobrett
My Device: curve 9300

Hey ferret

Some of my delays are 15-30 min.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jimo
My Device: 9700

I live in mexico and I have the same problem

I did many test.

The delays are manifest from Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm.
Early morning, Saturdays, Sundays working properly.
I have 1 gmail account and some of google apps, all with the same problem, yahoo account works properly.
greetings from mexico

Please use plain text.