Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
StorminVA
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Deleting Email Accounts on Canceled Tmobile account

Hello:

Last night, I canceled by Tmobile BB account because I've now got the Storm. Inadvertently, I forgot to delete my Gmail account on my Tmobile BB before I had Tmobile cancel the account. Now, overtime I receive an email in Gmail (both in my web-based Gmail and on my BB) I get a message delivery failure message from Mail Delivery System MAILER-DAEMON@mail.bis.na.blackberry.com because clearly email can no longer get delivered to my Tmobile account.

I called Tmobile this morning and they said there isn't anything they can do because the account is canceled and it will probably take 48-72 hours before I stop receiving the messages. Plus, I can no longer login to Tmobile.com because the account is canceled. In other words, this is the way my Tmobile account is slowly dying and once it dies, I should be fine.

Has anyone else ever had this experience or does anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

Eliza

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,879
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Deleting Email Accounts on Canceled Tmobile account

That sounds accurate.

Meanwhile, you could place a filter in your GMail account on received items from that address to go straight to trash.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
StorminVA

Thanks for confirming the issue should go away. I tried setting up a filter but because Gmail links messages by threads, the filter would also delete the original message sent to my Gmail address. I'll just try to deal with deleting the messages for the next few days.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,879
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yep, should being the key word.

I don't know your plans for the BlackBerry device itself, BUT if you plan to sell it or anything, no one else will be able register the PIN on their account, as it will still be registered on YOUR old account, even if that account is canceled.

So--quite frankly, you might call Tmobile yet again and beg them to disable the PIN on that account. That will also clear the emails you are getting in error now.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
StorminVA

Yes, as I've been doing research on this issue today, the most frequent suggestion is that I have the PIN deleted. Thanks for the advice, I plan to call Tmobile after work.
Please use plain text.