Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Delivery Status Notification (Failure)‏

I have an older 7250 BB.  Ever since I received an email telling me congrats on setting up my account on 4/19/08 (I've had the same account for over 5 yrs) I cannot email one of my contacts that I was able to for years before this happened. 

The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 501-"#5.1.3 Invalid character ('!') in username."

There, of course, is no Invalid character in the user's name.  Anyone have any suggestions? Only thing different with this specific email address is it has under-scores in it. 

Thanks!

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

Re: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)‏

Sorry to hear you're having problems.  One thing you can definitely do to try and resolve the issue is log into your BIS account and resend your service books, which resolves most issues.  If you're a BES client(your IT guy takes care of your blackberry or on an Exchange server), have your IT guy do this.

Good luck.

-- Lonnie (aka javatyger)
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you for the rely.  It's just my personal bb so I really have no one to work on it.  I may contact my carrier and see if they have a clue. 

Super Contributor
My Device: BB 8530/ 5.0.0.734 OS
My Carrier: Verizon

I know this sounds crazy but I have seen that before when I sent a text message to someone who's # was temp. suspended. Maybe the email address no longer exists? Just a thought.
~Tami~
Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.
-- Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

Hello, I was wondering if you had any update on the resolution of the error message 

5.1.0 - Unknown address error 501-"#5.1.3 Invalid character ('!') in username.?

I am getting this error message as well.