Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Demo Models Hammered

I am shopping and considering a BB Curve 8330 from Verizon, but every one i pick up in the stores looks hammered and has the joystick/button thing missing.  Is this a problem for real owners?  I know some folks can tear up an iron football with a rubber mallet, but it sure seems like the hardware cannot handle the strain.  Any comments before i buy?  Is there a warranty if this happens?

Thanks,

CLD

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Demo Models Hammered

Well, despite my message being read 25 times, no one wants to comment.  So, either i put people off, they don't have the problem, or i have hit upon a problem that does not have a clean answer.

Perhaps i will try one and see if i can get Verizon to fix it if it does not hold up...

Thanks,

CLD

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Demo Models Hammered

8330 does not have neither a joystick nor a button. It's a trackball. I have one, it seems solid enough for everyday use. As a matter of fact, it seems quite hard to dismantle the Curve to remove the Trackball.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: