Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
adg44
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Desktop Manager resets my homescreen image

I have an image that is stored on the device memory, not a memory card, and every time I sync with my computer, it resets it back to the standard AT&T background. 

Is there a way to stop this?  It's annoying to have to change my background back every time I sync.

Also, how do I enable bluetooth sync with Desktop Manager?  It's greyed out when I try to click the box.

Thanks...

Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Desktop Manager resets my homescreen image

Hi adg44

The picture in the background is changed because you have the picture stored in the device, move it to the memory card and you solve the problem.

Read this link to sync using bluetooth.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04132&sliceId=1&docTy...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Contributor
adg44
My Device: Not Specified

OK, so I will have to get a memory card and store the file there to get it to stop chaning.  That seems rather lame, considering I have 1GB of internal memory.  Oh well.

And I just spent an hour messing around with the blueooth drivers, since I have WIDCOMM drivers as standard from Dell, and didn't get anywhere. 

Thanks,

- Anthony

Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Ok, please mark the thread was solved, is better for users with the same question.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
irisheyesdoc
My Device: Blackberry Pearl

[ Edited ]

message deleted - I detailed my solution in another posting. See below:

irisheyesdoc
My Device: Blackberry Pearl

[ Edited ]

URUMILTON's solution did not work for me (desktop manager resetting homescreen image on BB Pearl). I found a different solution that did for me:

From the homescreen,

select the OPTIONS icon,

then select MEDIA CARD.

In that screen, select PROMPT on the line that says "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected."

(Thus, each time I sync with the desktop manager, I get a prompt asking me if I want to enable the mass storage mode, and I select NO).

I did this and the homescreen image I'd saved was not reset!! Yea! I suppose if you took some photos and wanted to download them to your PC/laptop, you'd select "YES" knowing that you'll need to reset your homescreen image, but at least it won't happen every day when you sync your data.