Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Mr_Potato
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Device OS Update Stuck

[ Edited ]

My 9900 is unusable - even taking battery out the device still tries to do "Software Updates" and gets stuck on "Backing up your data" at 10%.  Does anyone know how I can stop the device trying to do this software update? - and if the answer is going back to OS 6, then the best way to do this for a non-technical user.

I am appalled at that RIM can release a piece of software which incapacitates my business communications!

MOD EDIT: Subject Title edited to reflect new topic.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Device OS Update Stuck

I apologize for the lack of a response until now.  :smileysad:

First off, you cannot "go back" to OS 6 on a 9900 because it shipped from the factory with OS 7 pre-installed and you can't install an earlier version of OS than what it came with.

The solution is to actually try updating your OS again.  Obviously, something is going wrong and needs to be corrected.  By updating your OS again, we're going to try bypassing whatever is going wrong with it.

To start, plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Once your phone has been recognized by BDS, click Device at the top of the software then Update.  Choose the version with Currently Installed beside it and proceed.  That should solve your problem.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.