Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
shiro_12
My Device: Blackberry 8820

Device Software for Blackberry 8820

I am trying to update my device software for my Blackberry 8820. My service provider is Airtel Kenya. However, in the list of devices, my model does not appear. Could it be added to the device list so I can update the device software?

Developer
AutoAppForum
My Device: Playbook

Re: Device Software for Blackberry 8820

Which software are you currently running and which software do you want to upgrade to? Is your phone unlocked or purchased from the carrier?
If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.
If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!
New Contributor
shiro_12
My Device: Blackberry 8820

I have an unlocked phone that was not provided by my carrier. I upgraded my phone's software by using another carrier, but when I tried to use the internet after replacing the SIM, I couldn't. This led me to think that I needed to re-install the software using my current carrier's software.

However, this current carrier does not have the software for my device.

Initially, my reason for this was so I could browse the Internet without having to pay for the Blackberry Internet Service provided by the carrier. Afterwards I decided to call the carrier, who informed me that I have to pay for the service in order to use the internet on my device.

I don't want to use the other carrier (whose internet worked)...I know it sounds complicated.

So I will just have to pay for the Internet Service which is not so bad actually.

Thanks you so much for your response.

Developer
AutoAppForum
My Device: Playbook

Your welcome
If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.
If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!