Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

dawn83
My Device: Not Specified

Device password help!

I got an email from my carrier yesterday telling me to go to www.rogers.com/boldupgrade, i did this and followed the directions and when all was done, I plugged in my BB and it first asked me to type in blackberry then asked me for my device password.  I am on my last attempt, I have tried everything that I could think of.  I have a password on my key lock but that password doesn't work.  HELP!   I dont want to lose all of my info, I dont have a back up!

Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Device password help!

Is your device setup on a BES (corporate email) or BIS (personal email). If you're on a BES your IT department can reset your password for you. I'm afraid on a BIS then there's no way to reset the password. Just inputting the incorrect password 10 times will wipe the device (erase all data). After it comes back up you'll be prompted tp input a new password
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
Latham-Smith
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Blackberry's user manual for their devices must be the worst I've ever come across.  Disjointed, illogical, confusing and inaccurate.  Despite this, as an IT professional with 25 years experience heading up a major IT company myself, I nonetheless appreciate the design and build quality of their devices, so am prepared to put up with the incompetence of their customer support team.  In order to get the Blackberry Desktop Manager installed on your PC to communicate with your Blackberry handheld, enter Options in the handheld then select 'passwords' and finally select 'disable' and save.  You will no longer be prompted for the impossible to find or correctly enter password.  Thus obviating the Draconian risk of having your handheld's Operating System and all your personal information wiped.  If you are so unfortunate as to suffer at the hands of Blackberry's pathological programmers' violence of wiping your device then don't worry, countless thousand others have suffered too and therefore there are almost as many websites that have sprung up with usable advice on how to restore your device.  Avoid using Blackberry's own help pages though.  They are almost as useless as their manuals!

Visitor
alitone
My Device: blackberry curve 9300

hi, I tried that and it asked me for my password to confirm the changes?

Alison Cowell