Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 3G
My Carrier: Orange

Does using Facebook, MSN or other apps affect my internet usage on an Orange Contract? If so, how much?

Okay, i'm a new BlackBerry owner. I'm very worried that these apps take up a lot of my internet usage on my contract, and i'm apparently on a pro rota scheme which means my first payment is going to be higher than what it would normally be and depends on usage of the phone, apparently. I'm on Panther 30 with Orange which grants me 400 minutes, Unlimited texts (3000), Unlimited Internet/Data (750MB) and 50 picture messages a month.

I'm concerned that my bill in the next few weeks when it's due, is going to be a lot seeing as i got the phone today, and i've been using both Facebook and MSN and several other apps from 6:00pm GMT time (I'm from the UK) And i'm hoping that some of you can clear my mind, before i go and see someone. I haven't been on them a lot., and  I only got my BlackBerry yesterday, and it's not been 24 hours yet. I just got caught up with a new phone. I don't think that i've gone that far in damaging my internet usage, however i'm just a worrying kind of person, who's going to University and doesn't need a really big bill for his new phone on top of his uni fees.

Can anyone put my mind at rest? I'm going to take it easy with using Facebook and msn on my BlackBerry for a few days, just in case. Sorry for all the questions, it's just really bothering me after i've read some stories about this. Thanks in advance to who can help me. :smileyhappy:

New Contributor

Re: Does using Facebook, MSN or other apps affect my internet usage on an Orange Contract? If so, how much?

Anyone? :/

Solutions: 6,138
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Does using Facebook, MSN or other apps affect my internet usage on an Orange Contract? If so, how much?

We're a community support forum, please be patient, and don't bump your threads sooner than every 24 hours if they have not received an answer... that's the general rule of thumb for forums such as this.

No one can really measure your internet usage for you. But I can tell you with fair certainty that you have not used 750mb in one 24 hour period, and you very likely won't do so within one month just using Facebook and such apps... if you use some of the streaming music or video application, you could hit that number.

Relax.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: China Unicom

I think you should be ok unless you downloaded a lot of photos or videos on facebook? If you are concerned, you can ring up your network operator and they should be able to tell you how much you have used. The answer is only a phone call away :smileywink:
New Contributor

Thankyou! Can you please tell me the number i can use to find this out? I'm having problems with Orange already. I've just registered with their your account service, which is telling me i only have 80 minutes remaining of my 400 anytime minutes. (I haven't called anyone), isn't showing how many texts i've got, or how much internet usage i've used. It's very annoying because i need to know so i make sure i'm not making a massive bill for my first month. As i said earlier, i'm now taking it easy on my phone, just in case.

And on Facebok, i've only uploaded one photo from my phone, not downloaded any photos or videos, so i should be fine. It's msn i'm more worried about, but i'm going to see Orange later today, hopefully to get some answers.

Thanks again!

Solutions: 6,138
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

RazS6 wrote:

Thankyou! Can you please tell me the number i can use to find this out?

I think you will have better luck getting the correct Orange customer support number yourself. It could vary according to where you are, and I am not where you are.

Google it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code