Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
areyap
My Device: Curve 8520
Accepted Solution

Downgrade OS 5 to 4.7 or lower in Curve 8520

hye everybody, need help here to downgrade my curve 8520 from device software OS 5 to lower version coz i hate dis version especially when sms looks like chatting coz cannot hide sent messages, sometimes i need saparate sms in different date, cannot change interfere like old one...

but then my problem i dunt have lower version OS, where to download that and the step..really need help asap...thanks in advance guys~

Arrogant bas-tad = Stupid Arrogant
JSanders
Solutions: 5,979
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Downgrade OS 5 to 4.7 or lower in Curve 8520

1. Delete the newer OS from your PC by going to Control Panel >Add/Remove Programs.

2. Then download and install the older version of the OS. BlackBerry Operating System Downloads

3. Install the older OS to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
5. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
areyap

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply. my carrier was Celcom Malaysia but then i bought dis phone not from the provider, so dunno either i want to download from vodafone or Celcom OS (because when i start my BB its show vodafone logo)...

another question, i need to delete the file vendor.xml before or after i download the OS 4.6 in my pc~!?

FYI, im using windows vista and when i open add/remove program i cant see any OS Blackberry to uninstall or remove...

how about OS Version 5 dat i already install in my BB~?! need to delete first or just downgrade after install older OS in my pc~?!

JSanders

areyap wrote:

(because when i start my BB its show vodafone logo)...

You cannot change that vodafone startup logo AND that does not determine what OS release you load to the device. Just follow my instructions above, they are very simple.

areyap wrote:

another question, i need to delete the file vendor.xml before or after i download the OS 4.6 in my pc~!?

FYI, im using windows vista and when i open add/remove program i cant see any OS Blackberry to uninstall or remove...

how about OS Version 5 dat i already install in my BB~?! need to delete first or just downgrade after install older OS in my pc~?!

You haven't read the instructions I posted above, have you?

Perform the step IN ORDER as posted.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
areyap

the steps :

1. Delete the newer OS from your PC by going to Control Panel >Add/Remove Programs.

(i had checked my Add/Remove Programs then there's no BB OS to delete in the program list)

only have Blackberry Device Software Updater..dats what i need to remove?

JSanders

areyap wrote:

only have Blackberry Device Software Updater..dats what i need to remove?

Nope, don't delete that. Leave it.

If you have no older operating system installed to your PC, then proceed to Step 2.

Knowledge Base Updates
ricardo147
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

hi

i bought my phone unlocked, no logos or anything from anyone but my sim is O2

how do i do this then? i would prefer to get the software from RIM and not a changed one by O2...

where can i get the version for my phone?

cheers

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

ricardo147 wrote:

hi

i bought my phone unlocked, no logos or anything from anyone but my sim is O2

how do i do this then? i would prefer to get the software from RIM and not a changed one by O2...

where can i get the version for my phone?

cheers

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

You cannot...RIM releases OS packages ONLY to the carriers, who in turn release it to their end users. Following the instructions above, you can use any carriers OS package as long as it is for your specific model BB.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates