Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
bewaarse
My Device: @Curve 9300 @Bold 9790 @Z30
My Carrier: Airtel

Downgrade or Reload BB OS 6 to BB OS 5

How to Downgrade or Reload BlackBerry Device Software (BB OS) from 6 to OS 5.

You will find in lot of forums to downgrade/reload the OS from 6 to 5, that,

1. You have to take backup using BlackBerry Desktop Software by connecting your device to the system.
  2. Once the Backup is done, you have to close the Desktop software.
  3. Open the Add/Remove programs in your system, you will find BlackBerry Device software 6.0 in the Add/Remove programs.
  4. You have to uninstall the device software and re-install BlackBerry OS 5 using AppLoader.

I don’t know how the system will shows the programs installed in the Device if you connect !!!

If you have installed BlackBerry OS 6 in your system, if you uninstall it what is the meaning?

You are uninstalling the software in your system only not in the Device. Then what is the use of it ?

I am having BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300. By mistakenly I upgraded it from OS 5 to 6. When I want to downgrade the OS, I found the same content with screenshots in lot of forums.

That is not the proper way to downgrade or reload the OS 5. The simple best way is

First of all, The BlackBerry OS 6 problem is, if you click update from BlackBerry Desktop Software and when tried to view Another available versions it will not shows you the BlackBerry Device Software 6.0 (currently installed) and Blackberry Device Software 5.0. if it shows you the BB OS 5. Then you have to uncheck the currently installed device software 6.0 and select the BB OS 5.  It will shows you.

1. Connect your BlackBerry Device using BlackBerry Desktop Software (You can turn off also). Take the backup.
  2. Download the BlackBerry Device Software (OS) 5 from the below links:

http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=0353AB4CBED5BEAE847A7FF6E220...

1. After Unzip the BB OS 5. It will ask you to install the software on your desktop.
  2. Install the software in your system.
  3. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Software and click on Update.
  4. Now you have to select the View Other versions, it will shows you BlackBerry OS 6.0 and BlackBerry OS 5.0.
  5. Select the BlackBerry  OS 5.0 and then click on Install.
  6. It will install the OS 5.0 on your BlackBerry Device.

That’s it.

Please use plain text.
durgeshsuthar1992
My Device: blackberry bold 2 9700
My Carrier: tata docomo

Re: Downgrade or Reload BB OS 6 to BB OS 5

I didn't get the OS 5 in "view other versions "

Please help me out ...

Please use plain text.
MellowtechGuY
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Downgrade or Reload BB OS 6 to BB OS 5

Pls, I can downgrade & upgrade as well, but things are now out of experience as if it has not been done before.
Pls, when I was trying to update my OS from OS5 to OS6...perfectly done, but wen I wanted to downgrade it to OS five through Desktop Manager v7.1, only OS6 (currently installed) appeared when viewing other version. Pls HELP me out.
I tried BBSAK to load it OS 5 appeared but not loaded to my BB. HELP me.
Please use plain text.