Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
pete1583
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Downgrade to older version (5.0.0.361) on BB Bold 9700

Hi,

So I just received a new BB bold 9700 because my 9000 kept giving me issues, but now I have a major problem with my 9700--it does not allow me to connect to my hands free in my mazda 3. From what I understand, people have indicated that you can downgrade to an older version of your OS and it will connect fine. So here is my question, how can I get a download of an older version? The rogers website only provides the latest and the OS prior to that. Any help is appreciated!

alimclean
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Downgrade to older version (5.0.0.361) on BB Bold 9700

Hi Pete
Did u find out how to downgrade to version 5? I have the same problems with version6
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Downgrade to older version (5.0.0.361) on BB Bold 9700

Hello,

You can use these instructions to, from a PC (not MAC...sorry) install (upgrade, downgrade, reload) any OS package to a BB:

If you choose an OS package from other than your BB's original carrier, then simply insert, between steps 1 and 2, the deletion, on your PC, of a file named VENDOR.XML. Via the download portal (within the instructions linked above), you will find links to all carriers...find those who support your model BB and then see if they offer the OS level that you desire.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code