Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Downgrading recently uploaded software

I recently uploaded the original 7.0.0 Bundle 296 to 7.1.0 Bundle 457 on my Bold 9930.  Now, my most important app doesn't work as it is not compatible with this software.  If I go to Settings,  Device,  Software Updates, click where it says update successful, then there is a button called Downgrade.  What happens if I downgrade?  Will it take be back to the original software?  Will I lose my apps anyway??

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Downgrading recently uploaded software

I always use BlackBerry Desktop Software for any upgrades/downgrades.  Plug your phone into your PC via USB and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Once your phone has been recognized, click Device at the top of the software then Upgrade from the drop-down menu.  A box will pop up saying your phone is up to date.  Click View Other Versions and choose the one right below the one that has (Currently Installed) beside it.  You might have to go back to App World and choose My World and refresh your apps, but you won't lose any of them.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.