Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Trusted Contributor
Bolder
My Device: 8320, 8120

Re: Duplicate e-mail received with BIS

There is another solution for getting your email on your BlackBerry.  I have posted this in another post so I will quote that post:

Create a hosted mailbox and set up a forwarding rule. Most(if not all) carriers offer a free hosted BlackBerry email address when you have a BlackBerry plan. For example, a Verizon customer could create an email address of anrobb@vzw.blackberry.net. Emails that are sent to these hosted email adresses are pushed to the device, so they arrive pretty much in real time. Once you have your hosted email address set up, you(or your IT people) set a forwarding rule on your mail server to forward a copy of all new messages to the hosted email address. The next step would be to log into your BIS account and change the reply-to field to be your work email address. This will make it appear that emails sent from your BlackBerry are coming from your work email.

Cheers! 

Please use plain text.
grtwhite
My Device: Not Specified

I'm having a simular issue it is with a MS Exchange Server 2003 the UID is changing only when an email is forwarded so the Blackberry redownloads the email.  Any ideas on how to resolve the issue?  I've already posted on MS's website but figured I'd post here as well.. I also have some information concerning Exchange 2007 that could resolve the issue that is being posted about here below is information from the Microsoft Forums

> A migrated mailbox from Exchange 2003 to 2007 has both Blackberry POP3 and
> Outlook profiles to connect. It was found if we response a message in the
> Outlook client, the same message would be downloaded to the Blackberry
> again.

After discussing the issue with our Develop team, we have recognized the
issue you encountered as a bug and it will be fixed in Update Rollup 5 for
Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1.

Update Rollup 5 is being tested now and has not been published, would you
mind waiting for it?

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Meanwhile, I want to share with you the reason of the issue

============

The status of a message changes when you reply to it, or you forward the
message. When the status of the message changes, the properties that a POP
client or an IMAP client use to verify a unique message are updated. This
behavior causes messages that are replied to or that are forwarded to be
treated as new messages by the POP client or by the IMAP client. Therefore,
the message is downloaded again if when you use the POP client or the IMAP
client to access the mailbox.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
giacorne

Both problem and cause are clear.

It is also clear that no solution currently exists and that both MS and RIM should find a way out of this.

In a short time, the only real solution is to update to BES ... and pay more money ...

Please use plain text.
badabing

I'm experiencing the same problem with IMAP to Exchange 2003... Duplicate mails.

Running Exchange 2003 SP2, BB 8130 w/ OS 4.5 and Virgin Canada BIS.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Nonprofit

Bolder wrote:

There is another solution for getting your email on your BlackBerry.  I have posted this in another post so I will quote that post:

Create a hosted mailbox and set up a forwarding rule. Most(if not all) carriers offer a free hosted BlackBerry email address when you have a BlackBerry plan. For example, a Verizon customer could create an email address of anrobb@vzw.blackberry.net. Emails that are sent to these hosted email adresses are pushed to the device, so they arrive pretty much in real time. Once you have your hosted email address set up, you(or your IT people) set a forwarding rule on your mail server to forward a copy of all new messages to the hosted email address. The next step would be to log into your BIS account and change the reply-to field to be your work email address. This will make it appear that emails sent from your BlackBerry are coming from your work email.

Cheers! 

This seems to be a work around.  You don't get syncing or reconcilliation per se... but if you hae to choose between one annoyance or another, it seems that this is the better of the two options.

Please use plain text.
MIngsir

I THINK Rollup 5 for Exchange 2007 SP1 has been released, any ppl here have installed and tested if the problem has been solved?

Please use plain text.
checho454

Rollup 5 for Exchange 2007 SP1 was released some weeks ago, but... the problem was not solved!  somebody hear about some other solution?
Please use plain text.
New Developer
New Developer
smc

grtwhite wrote:

I'm having a simular issue it is with a MS Exchange Server 2003 the UID is changing only when an email is forwarded so the Blackberry redownloads the email.  Any ideas on how to resolve the issue?  I've already posted on MS's website but figured I'd post here as well.. I also have some information concerning Exchange 2007 that could resolve the issue that is being posted about here below is information from the Microsoft Forums

> A migrated mailbox from Exchange 2003 to 2007 has both Blackberry POP3 and
> Outlook profiles to connect. It was found if we response a message in the
> Outlook client, the same message would be downloaded to the Blackberry
> again.

After discussing the issue with our Develop team, we have recognized the
issue you encountered as a bug and it will be fixed in Update Rollup 5 for
Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1.

Update Rollup 5 is being tested now and has not been published, would you
mind waiting for it?

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Meanwhile, I want to share with you the reason of the issue

============

The status of a message changes when you reply to it, or you forward the
message. When the status of the message changes, the properties that a POP
client or an IMAP client use to verify a unique message are updated. This
behavior causes messages that are replied to or that are forwarded to be
treated as new messages by the POP client or by the IMAP client. Therefore,
the message is downloaded again if when you use the POP client or the IMAP
client to access the mailbox.

Update Rollup 5 does not solve the issue and I cannot find any post in MS forums regarding to this issue. Any of you have update from MS?

Thanks,

BESAdmin@smc
Please use plain text.
celljunkie101

Hi everyone, is there a resolution to this problem yet ? I just started at a company that does not have a BES and uses BIS instead. We just upgraded to exchange 2007 and this exact problem has started occuring (replying to an email in outlook produces a duplicate email on bb)

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

celljunkie101 wrote:

Hi everyone, is there a resolution to this problem yet ? I just started at a company that does not have a BES and uses BIS instead. We just upgraded to exchange 2007 and this exact problem has started occuring (replying to an email in outlook produces a duplicate email on bb)

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Since this thread is rather long and has a bunch of different things in it, could you open a new thread so that we can focus on just your issues and not get mixed up with others?

To start, when you open the new thread, could you post exactly how BIS is configured? For instance, BIS cannot sync directly to Exchange 2007...rather, it syncs to OWA, POP, or IMAP. We need to know how you are configured and exactly what is happening for your specific case...in that separate thread.

Oh...and include the things you've already tried...so that we don't duplicate anything.

Thanks!

Message Edited by sdgardne on 06-17-2009 05:12 PM

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.