Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
jcj1

Dust in screen

I have dust inside my screen, what can I do???
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
djboudreau

Re: Dust in screen

With the proper tools the faceplate can be removed.  Key word " proper tools".  Visit your local carrier and see if they offer any repairs, it would take about 10 min and cost close to nothing.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jcj1

This is not an option as VOIDS the Warranty and anyone whose says to do this is CRAZY! My vendor does not sell tools to take devices apart as does any carrier as they are then responsible for anything that happens!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Carrier: grameenphone

Is it a good idea to open up your BlackBerry? I guess not. But again it's difficult to find BlackBerry device experts in every corner of the city. So how to solve such problem? Is carrier can help?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jcj1

I can get a replacement if I want a refurbished Curve, which I really don't. Is just an annoyance as the dust is only on the right side and doesn't obstruct anything
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MMu911

If your an ATT&T customer, contact their warranty center. I had this dut thing happen to me with my Blackberry Curve and they offered to replace the phone by in two business days but luckily I have a warranty center here in Dallas. I went in and 10 minutes later had a brand new phone. Good luck
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GreyGhost

A warranty exchange would be my course of action.

I work for one of the carriers and can tell you that the refurbished phones go through the same QC as new phones.

When I was on the indirect side of the wireless business I used refurbished smart/pda phones exclusively with no problems. Refurbished is as good as new.

I never understood the stigma behind this hatred for the refurbished phones.

www.e46fanatics.com
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jcj1

Workfor one myself and just don't want a refirbed device, nothing against them. is only inconvenient on white screens and only on the right side, so can  deal with it unless gets worse. thanks though
Please use plain text.