Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
melissahardy83
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Email Problems

[ Edited ]

I have been using my blackberry storm to send and receive emails from my hotmail account until it stopped working.

So i tried rebooting, this was unsuccessful.

So then  I went to the email setup and was told i need to verify my hotmail account by inputting my password,

So I did that and received a message saying i can not connect to the server, so I exited out back to the main menu and then all the emails would come in, so I went back into email setup and now my hotmail is verified... so I thought my problem was solved.

Only for it to happen again today , and I repeated this process, and am now receiving emails. But is anyone able to help me to identify what is going on here?? So I am not left without emails again??

Thanks Melissa 

I have also tried this, but was unsure what i was meant to register... sorry I am clueless with technology...

1. Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register.

Message Edited by melissahardy83 on 06-12-2009 02:11 AM
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Email Problems

Hi Melissa, try taking a look at the following KB article.  I'm on my way to do the steps myself to get my Hotmail account back up and running as well.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB13137

Just in case you have problems accessing the article, I've copied and pasted below:

Overview

The integrated email address has become invalid. Affected email addresses may include Windows Live Hotmail, MSN, and Bell Sympatico.

Cause

This issue can be caused by the following:

1. The integrated email address has not been authenticated within the required 90-day time frame.
  2. The integrated email address requires revalidation due to a scheduled maintenance release.

Resolution

You may re-validate your integrated email address from your BlackBerry smartphone or from your computer.

To validate your account from your BlackBerry smartphone, complete the following steps:

1. Click the Email Settings icon either located in the Setup folder or on the BlackBerry smartphone Home screen.
  2. If necessary type your user name and password.
  3. Go to Email Accounts.
  4. Select edit the email account.
  5. Type your password.
  6. Click Save.

To validate your account from your computer, complete the following steps:

1. Browse to your wireless service provider's web site.
  2. Type your user name and password.
  3. If you do not have a user name and password, see KB18258.
  4. Go to Email Accounts.
  5. Edit the email account.
  6. Type your password.
  7. Click Save.

Select your wireless service provider below to be taken to the BlackBerry Internet Service web site to re-validate your Windows Live Hotmail email account:

Canada

United States

United Kingdom

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Elite I
Krypto

[ Edited ]

I should add, if you have problems doing this on your phone, do it from your computer.  I was unable to enter my password on my Storm, but just did it no problem using my carrier's BIS site.

I believe the cause for this is due to a scheduled maintenance of the Hotmail account to a different format (I received a message from them a few days back with regards to accessing Hotmail on Outlook and similar programs).

Message Edited by Krypto on 06-12-2009 12:09 AM

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
melissahardy83

Thanks for that Krypto, I will give this a go, and hope for the best!! :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
melissahardy83

Yes it keeps telling me the information I am providing is incorrect when I do it from my phone.
New Contributor
melissahardy83

Oh and I am in Australia, so my wireless service provider is not on the list what do I need to do now?
Elite I
Krypto

Who is your carrier?  I'll see if I can find their site for you.

Elite I
Krypto

Actually, it's likely Vodafone AU.  You can access their BIS site here:

https://bis.ap.blackberry.com/html?brand=vodaau

New Contributor
melissahardy83

Thanks Krypto,

I tried that and got this message:

Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service.

So will try that now,  thanks for your help... 

Elite I
Krypto

[ Edited ]

Melissa,

I'm about to call it a night (it's now 12:30am here in Canada).  Odd...

One other user reminded me of another option.  Just delete the Hotmail account and then recreate it.  :smileyhappy:

Good luck and keep us posted!

Message Edited by Krypto on 06-12-2009 12:26 AM