Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Koodo

Email Setup Application Update

Having serious issues trying to get email to work. Email shows up in the end, but I can't compose.

When I try to open Messages icon and update the Email Setup Application the below happens

When I try to set up my email account, it prompts me to do an update (Email Setup Application Version 6.11.0419.0755).
I click ‘Yes’ and begin download.
It then asks me ‘Application “Email Setup Application” already exists. Replace version 6.0.0 with version 6.11.0419.0755?” - so I click ‘ Replace’.
It then begins the download.
However it stops, and then an error comes up reading ‘ “com.rim.bis.client” contains a different version of module “net_rim_bis_client,” which is also used by “Email Setup Application.” If you proceed, “Email Setup Application” may cease to function properly. Proceed?” - so I click Yes
It continues to download, and then prompts me with the above error “com.rim.bis.client” contains a different version...” again 3 times.
It then prompts be me reboot. So I do.
It then reboots, but takes about 7-10 mintues to do so (it sits on the startup screen with the progress bar sitting at ‘complete’).
When it finally reboots an error comes up that reads ‘Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException’ - so I click OK
Then another error comes up reading ‘Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitFor(Oxbfca09409ffe99e5) timeout. So I click OK.
Then the first error ‘Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException’ comes up 2 times - click ok both times.
Then error reading ‘Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error comes up. Click OK.
Then the first error ‘Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException’ comes up 2 times - click ok both times.
Then error reading ‘Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error comes up again. Click OK.
Then the first error ‘Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException’ comes up 8 times - click ok 8 times.
THen I get a white screen with all my applications and programs in a list, and a black bar at the top that says ‘BlackBerry Platform 6.6.0.200. If I click on them it just brings up an error. Example: If I click on Address Book the error reads “Error starting net_rim_bb_addressbook_app: Module ‘net_rim_bis_lib’ not found. Hit OK and it goes back to white screen.

The only way to get phone working again is to reinstall operating system.
When I do so and phone is rebooting, grey screen comes up with small message ‘error 507 reload software’

Hope someone can help.

PS Why is BlackBerry so crappy with it's support? Is there anyway I can contact BlackBerry to get help with this issue??? Like talk to a PERSON? Please help.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Email Setup Application Update

HK1984 wrote:

Hope someone can help.

PS Why is BlackBerry so crappy with it's support? Is there anyway I can contact BlackBerry to get help with this issue??? Like talk to a PERSON? Please help.

I'm sure you are aware that you are a customer of your carrier and not of RIM?

Your support starts with your carrier hotline. You pay them for that.

Should they be unable to solve your issue, they can escalate, at no cost for you, to RIM Level 2 Support (your carrier pays RIM for that, since they are the customer).

Now, if you do not wish to go through your carrier, you can contact RIM directly and pay a fee-based ticket.http://us.blackberry.com/contact/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2 UK

I am experiencing a similar issue.

I upgraded 2 mobiles at the weekend to the Torch 9800. Both have been updated via the Blackberry Desktop (on iMac) to the latest version of the operating system.

I have 2 problems related to setting up email

When trying to set up email an update available message appears. I follow the various steps of download and replace until i get a warning message '"com.rim.bis.client" contains a different version of module "net_rim_bis_client" which is also used by email setup application. If you proceed  email setup application may cease to function properly"'. I have declined to proceed as advised by O2 as this has been known to cause software failures. O2 suggested a workaround via their technical support (a Blackberry agent) as this is a known issue but this did not work.

The second involves Blackberry Internet Service. I successfully set up BIS on my Torch 9800, but when trying to set up a new account on my wife's Torch 9800 using the device pin and IMEI number i get the following message "Your account is not accessible via html browser. Please use your device to access Blackberry Internet Service".

The O2 guru told me that their balckberry support is via an agent not Blackberry. They are unable to suggest anything else.

Any suggestions as to how I can resolve this - email is vital to boith of us.

Regards

Mark

Torch 9800

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Koodo

I have contact my carrier and they were unabble to resolve the issue, as it is a RIM update that is causing my Blackberry to crash...

The only solution they could provide was to send me a new phone, which they are.

If this doesn't work RIM should be fixing my Blackberry at no charge, since it's THEIR update that is causing this issue.

Contributor

This is my second Torch as the update crashed my phone. When I was seeing the O2 guru today he tried running the email update on his blackberry as well as other ones in the shop - the same thing happened on all of them so this seems to be a software issue not a hardware problem. I'm seeing if I can track down a phone number for O2 UK technical support.

Mark

My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Sprint

I have been experiencing an identical problem with no idea how to fix it at this point. There must be something wrong with this update.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone Celcom

Have you found a solution yet?

Contributor

I spent another on the phone yesterday with O2 UK second-line support (they called me back thankfully). This is  alink to the issue on the Blackberry site, although it doesn't match exactly what I am experiencing when trying to update.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB26055

We tried the O2 UK workaround link here - Download and install a new BlackBerry Internet Service Email Accounts/Set-up Application by navigating to the following URL using the web browser on the BlackBerry device:http://o2mailuk.blackberry.com/rest/EmailClient

But without success just get the same error message. The only good thing was that I was able to set up my wife's email account through BIS online from my Mac and I can add and edit further email accounts this way. However there is no way to run account management on the device - it goes into update mode and when you download the update you get the same error message when trying to install. I hope Blackberry come up with a solution soon.

Regards

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Orange UK

I have had the exact same problem, about 30 minutes before I was flying abroad on holiday for a week. I was sent a new handset straight away by my carrier (Orange UK). Orange had never heard of this issue (apparently), I also spoke to Blackberry who denied that there was a problem, but acknowledged these threads on the forum about it.
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: tesco mobile

ive had the exact same problem on my bb i have curve 9300 really need help this needs to be sorted out if this is happening to everyone Smiley Sad just saw this forum as i posted the same one from me lol Smiley Happy