Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
jasonuzice
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Telstra
Accepted Solution

Email Setup Wizard

[ Edited ]

Hi helpers@blackberry,

I'm trying to set up an email account on my handset.

The issue I'm having is that the setup wizard is only giving me the option to set up an email using the Blackberry Enterprise Server which is not applicable for me as I'm trying to link a gmail account.

According to the tech support site and the instructions (in the setup wizard) I should be getting an option to "I want to create or add an email address" however I'm not getting this. As stated previously I'm only getting the "I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server" option.

A prompt response would be greatly appreciated. I'm desperate to sync my mail.

Jason
Melbourne,Australia
+xxxxxxxxxxxx

EDIT: Personal Information Removed - Personal Information such as IMEI, PIN, e-mails and phone numbers are prohibited for safety purposes

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
gvbdad
My Device: curve 8530 verizon wireless

Re: Email Setup Wizard

Do you have a blackberry data plan from your wireless carrier?

If not you will need one

then you can try options / advanced options / host routing table / click menu key and choose register now.

you can also remove battery with phone on. leave it out for 30 seconds and replace....  it will take a few minutes for it to reboot, but this could help

Let me know how it turns out

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>~

Hope I was able to help

If you have received information that has helped you out, please give them Kudos.

If your problem has been solved, please click on the post that resolved the issue

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jasonuzice

Hi gvbdad,

I will try that right now.  Good point you raise about whether I have a data plan.  I'm assuming I do as I was able to set up google calendars to sync and I can also access the Telstra Business Portal and Browser.  Does this mean I have a data plan in place?

Will get back to you asap.

Jason

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jasonuzice

Hi again,

No luck but I will verify the data plan and let you know.

Many thanks,

Jason

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
gvbdad

I may be way off base on this one. These things I had you try may not even work with your network. But if i'm not mistaking, this works with mine

Hope I was able to help

If you have received information that has helped you out, please give them Kudos.

If your problem has been solved, please click on the post that resolved the issue

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jasonuzice

Hi Again,

Although I'm waiting on confirmation I think I do have a data plan with the sim as I'm getting the edge text in the top right corner of the phone which generally means 3G with data.

Jason

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
gvbdad

When you call to see if  you have a data plan, ask them about resending service books. It may be that

Hope I was able to help

Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Welc:smileyhappy:me to the c:smileyhappy:mmunity supp:smileyhappy:rt f:smileyhappy:rums

Call your service provider and make sure you have the BlackBerry data plan.   

Go to OPTIONS> ADVANCED OPTIONS > APPLICATIONS > HOST ROUTING TABLE > then press the Menu (BlackBerry) Button > REGISTER NOW.

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
jasonuzice

Hi All,

I really appreciate the assistance.  Many thanks.

Cathlabnurse and gvbdad, I've followed your instructions to register via the host routing table and I receive a message saying it has sent registration.  Is that all I should see?

Also I was finally able to download the gmail install app however when I try and install it I receive the message;

'This program requires a working data connection.  Please check your signal strength and connection settings and then restart the application.'

Having said that I have good signal strength, the phone is receiving calls and can still browse the net.

Jason

FRUSTRATED

Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Did you contact your service provider to make sure you had the "data Plan " for BlackBerry

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: