Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

bjosepho
My Device: Not Specified

Email Setup - Yahoo Mail

I am using a BB 8800.

I am not able to add yahoo mail to my BB.

When I try to add a yahoo account I get the following message

To add your Yahoo!® email account, you must first enable POP (Post Office Protocol) access within Yahoo!. To enable POP access within Yahoo!, click here to open Yahoo!'s support page and follow the instructions. Once you have enabled POP access to your Yahoo! account, return to this page.

>>I want to add a different email account.

>>I have enabled POP access to my Yahoo! email account and want to add it.

Forums Veteran I
BBsingh
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Email Setup - Yahoo Mail

Enable POP access for your account as per the instructions listed on the link.
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Regular Contributor
ronnie

Create a new email account then go to web page of other emails and have them forwarded to new account
New Contributor
faisaldawood

im facing similar issues..there are no instructions on the yahoo page on how to go about solving this problem..
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Perhaps this statement, from within the link provided above, might be an indicator?

The ability to access Yahoo! Mail via a POP3 email client (such as Outlook or Outlook Express) is only available to customers of our premium Yahoo! Mail Plus service. 

If you have not purchased the Yahoo! Mail Plus service, you will be unable to retrieve messages via an email client. To determine whether or not you have purchased this service, please visit the My Services page.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code