Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Epocrates Rx Pro

Are there any other drug info programs that can work on the blackberry storm at the time? I will be getting the storm soon in the mail and I was wondering if I should wait for epocrates pro? Any suggestions? What does early 2009 mean? This makes me mad, I just assumed that the epocrates would work on the storm! 
New Contributor

If you have a Storm, you can register now for the free ePocrates Rx Pro offer (it expires in 2 weeks after your Storm purchase I think). The subscription is good for 1 year, even though the software is currently incompatible with the Storm.

I contacted ePocrates about the oxymoronic offer and incompatibility, and they offered to extend the subscription for 3 months to make up for development time. I suggest that everyone who's interested do the same!

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

I just went to the website and signed up for the promotion for my new Storm.  I spoke with one of the online chat representatives and I was told that as long as you hold on to that activation passcode and just wait until they have a compatible version for the storm, that Epocrates will honor the promotion and give you the one free year.  Dont know how true that is but.....
Highlighted
Contributor

BTW Tarrant you dont use the IEMI or whatever it is number, you have to use the one below it that says ####(dec).  And yes you use all the numbers even though its way more than the example they have there.

Nah! Don't worry, register, and they will give you the serial number, then you just wait and you will be able to install it as soon as it comes out. Smiley Wink
DrR

Epo Pro takes up 12 mb of App memory and remains memory resident.  2 mb can be put on the card.  I have been an Epo user for years w/treo and before that with other Palm devices and never had any problems. After installing this program, I had about 13mb of app memory that quickly decreased to less than 5mb. At this point the Storm slows down to a crawl.  Had to battery pull 4-6 times a day.  I had to uninstall it to keep my sanity.  I think it is a combination of poor memory management on the Storm and a hog of an app.  I am pretty disappointed.  
New Contributor

I have to agree with DrR ... also annoying is the fact that DocAlert cannot be disabled or skipped. You have to "next" through each of the DocAlerts just to get to the app ... ePocrates is a pain at this point. If this doesn't improve, I will not be paying to get the "Pro" version when our free 1 year subscription runs out.
Contributor

I agree with that one.  i definately think the design for the storm was alittle rushed and probably should have been thought out alittle better.  Hopefully they will work on a patch for this as I definately won't be paying to use this application anymore on my BB.