Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
emmabelle47
My Device: Not Specified

Erasing Apps

How do I erase unwanted apps from my phone that I don't want, such as Facebook.  I finally loaded the Desktop Manager Software, but it doesn't allow me to control all my apps.  How do I do this?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
icp_wolf

Re: Erasing Apps

From your phone options/advanced/applications then find the app you want to delete, select it then hit menu then delete you select yes to reboot
Please use plain text.
Contributor
emmabelle47

I did that, but if I end up having to do a hard reboot, it shows back up!!
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

I believe some applications are installed by the carrier. If you go into Applications and you don't find them, try going from the home screen into Options | Advanced Options | Service Book. If you see "FaceBook" in that list, try to delete it. Also try going back into Applications, display the menu, and go into Modules to see if you can find and delete the application
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
philhughes
My Device: 8830

Re: Re: Erasing Apps

You speaketh the truth, and the wording in the question brings up an important issue. When you can uninstall using the desktop software, DO IT! I used the options/applications/delete method when I should have used the desktop and oh me, oh my. The particilar software that I deleted interfaced with the native BB software as it relates to categories. Upon my merely deleting this third party software I as well deleted BB's categories (filters) feature!!! Be real careful in getting rid of programs; and be wise in adding them. (My 2 cent's worth.)
Phil
Please use plain text.
Contributor
glassdude

Go into the options folder and select advanced options, then select applications, highlight the one you want to delete and select. Your phone will then build a new apps list. It also may ask you to restart the phone.select yes and it will restart automatically
Please use plain text.