Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
Avante
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodacom
Accepted Solution

Error 507

Hello all, Can someone assist me with the error 507 message on my BB bold 9780? I am using mac and I cannot find much assistance with this issue :/

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Error 507

This is the answer that I know from Experience:

Please read the extrapolation below.

This is a reliable article about this error:
Read more: http://www.berryreporter.com/how-to-fix-a-blackberry-507-error-2/

Generally, BlackBerry devices are known for their stability and reliability compared to other smartphones, but like any computer-like device, errors can occur. One of the more frequently experienced errors on the BlackBerry platform is the 507 error, which basically means that a part, or all of the actual OS is missing from the handset. To fix a BlackBerry with the 507 error, the operating system needs to be completely reloaded on the device, so the process won’t be instant – but it does work for most users.

Note: At this time, there is no way to re-install your OS using Mac OS. If you are a Mac user and would like to re-install your BlackBerry operating system for any reason, you’ll have to install Windows using Bootcamp, VMWare, or Parallels and complete the process from there.

Before you begin this process, make sure you have the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager installed, and the latest official OS version downloaded.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Avante

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for this :smileyhappy: I will try it out. It is unfortunate that i cannot perform the fix with my mac. The strange thing about this error is that I was not updating my device on my mac or on a pc. I didn't have network coverage at all for a while so I restarted my BB, upon doing so the white screen appeared with the error. Regardless I do hope this helps me out. Thanks again
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Avante

All mac users with error 507 will have to download BB desktop software on a PC to resolve the issue...Thankfully my device is back to working order :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.