Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry tour 9630

Error Message "Uncaught exception java.lang error"

Sometimes when I add a program to my phone "Blackberry Storm" I get this error message.  I try rebooting and it still comes up when the phone comes back on.  I called Tech Support and the only thing they could talk me through was wiping my phone clean.  I back up my phone regulary now but I can't rather don't want to keep wiping everything from my phone just to have the error message go away.  It doesn't happen every time do it but it has happened twice. Can anyone advise me as to why it happens and how to clear it without wiping my phone clean as if I just got it. 
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Error Message "Uncaught exception java.lang error"

After you wipe your phone, do you reinstall the software that produced the error? Do you get it again if you do this or not? Can you give me the name of the software that did this so I can try to reproduce this behaviour?]

Thanks!

New Contributor

I had to delete the software for the error message to go away.  If I wipe it clean I can not reinstall the program.  The name of the program this time is "E-Mobile Professional Storm Edition"
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

what do you mean, you "cannot reinstall the program" ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I can re-install the program but if I do it will only give me the same error.  So it makes not since to wipe it clean, remove the error then re-install just to have the same problem again. 
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I understand that your BlackBerry device works perfectly well. But when you install that special third party application, you have an error.
Contact the third party and ask for support.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Hi, I just uninstalled the same program. I didn't like the way it performed anyway, I have "Storm Today Plus Custom" installed and it works much better and I don't get the error message. The only thing is you will need to include your "contacts" icon on the top row of icons so you have easy access to it.  

New Contributor

I had this error with my blackberry curve 8900.  No one could help so I called my provider.  They said the handset was faulty due to corrupt software so are sending me a new phone.

I'm having the same problem and I don't know how to solve it. First of all appeared when I tried to up grade DOC2Go. I wipe my bb 9500 and upgraded again my bb. The next this problem appeared in my 9500 was when i upgraded the facebook. I uninstalled the facebook and reinstalled again but the problem keeps going. What can I do?
My Device: Pearl
My Carrier: T Mobile

What if you didn't install ANYTHING onto your phone and you are getting this error message?

Can't seem to delete any of my call logs... or sms texts...

Can't seem to connect to my bluetooth as it erased it and cannot reconnect to it. It connected on my wife's phone no problem - guess what? She has the same phone as me =D.