Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
Abycats
My Device: Not Specified

FB 1.6 blew away my connection w/my friends...help, help, help!

I don't know what to do, so am appealing to all of  you.  Here is the the timeline: 

Yes, I avoided facebook for years...so when I was blessed to get a blackberry curve, I joined fb from the phone on MAY 3, 2009.  I now have 45 friends and pictures, notes, etc...but it never let me enter my e-mail address.  Repeatedly, I tried to communicate w/FB regarding adding my e-mail address, but they wouldn't respond because they said there is no email address associated with that account (frustrating)...I finally created a temporary account just to get them to communicate with me.  They seemed to resolve the 'issue' and I was just about to delete the temporary account when I received notice of the upgrade to FB 1.6 for the blackberry. I upgraded and it totally blew away all of my connections to my friends. Totally!  I have no connection, to my friends, pictures, notes, etc. and FB of course, is back to you have an active account (the temporary one)...UGH! I can still see my status updates in my phone, and it wants me to 'add as friend' to comment!  I can look myself up on the FB pages and see myself, one with a picture and 45 friends and one with no picture (they claim is active). Verizon suggested I work with RIM to see what we can do...as my blackberry back up was a few days prior me joining FB and would not include the activation code (texted to my phone by FB and not archived by Verizon)...

Is there a way to restore my handheld to previous day?

Can anyone help me?? Please??

If you wish to look me up to see what I'm talking about it is Marion Kish Mikula in FB...

Thank you kindly...I think my head is going to explode!

Marion (Abycats)

Marion
>^..^
"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others"
Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: FB 1.6 blew away my connection w/my friends...help, help, help!

Have you tried deleting it and reloading the application and using the log in name and password from your original account?

Welc:smileyhappy:me to the c:smileyhappy:mmunity supp:smileyhappy:rt f:smileyhappy:rums 

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Abycats

[ Edited ]

Hello Nurse-Berry,

I thank you for your response! No, I haven't, I'm still holding onto the hope that FB will help me out, though they seem to have forgotten to respond to me today after my last response to them yesterday. :smileysad: I can't help thinking if they'd just attach my e-mail to my FB account I could get back into it. It doesn't seem like there is non-paid BB support for individual owners (I do have the minimal BB monthly account), and that led me this forum.

I'll admit, in the short time we (hubby and I) have had the BBs, we've a lot to learn and have not learned yet how to remove an application. Especially since it came with FB preloaded. BTW, I think the model is the 8330 Curve (it's pink). Has anyone else had this type of FB problems before?

Thank you again!

Marion

Message Edited by Abycats on 06-15-2009 11:31 PM
Marion
>^..^
"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others"
Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse

We will be able to help you.  Did you say you forgot your log in  and / or password? 

I believe if that is the case, then they (*FB) will help you regain that.  Send another email to them .  I think if you log in with that email and password, the info you need will pop back up.

keep me(us) posted

Abycats

[ Edited ]

Hello Nurse-Berry,

No, sorry, I didn't forget, it never let me enter my e-mail address.  Repeatedly, I tried to communicate w/FB regarding adding my e-mail address, but they wouldn't respond because they said there is no email address associated with that account (frustrating)...I finally created a temporary account just to get them to communicate with me.  They seemed to resolve the 'issue' (meaning, I could get to my page via my telephone number and pw on the main page and 'thought' my e-mail address was entered and saved) and I was just about to delete the temporary account when I received notice of the upgrade to FB 1.6 for the blackberry. I upgraded and it totally blew away all of my connections to my friends.  Now all that is left is my temporary account which I can access and my real account which I cannot access. :smileysad:

Marion

ps...I think FB is ignoring me now as I'm again not hearing anything back from them, second day in a row...

Message Edited by Abycats on 06-16-2009 09:52 PM
Marion
>^..^
Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse

aby can you delete the facebook and reinstall it and this time use your other email? (your original)

Abycats

I can try, but it is the same e-mail address and password.  That hasn't changed...how do I delete an app from my BB?

BTW Nurse-Berry -- thank you again...from someone who has been in Health Information Management going on 25 years this fall! :smileyhappy:

Marion
>^..^
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Abycats

Oh, and once it's deleted, how do I get it back? (I'm green on the BB). :smileyhappy:
Marion
>^..^
Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse

Wow 25 years!!! Awesome!! I have been in nursing for 28!

Go to your Blackberry Status ICON - then go advanced - applications - highlight facebook and then delete. Then reload the facebook application .   

Abycats

Okay, at the risk of appearing really dense, the only place I know of to locate 'status' is in the 'options' icon. Is this where I need to go?

Marion
>^..^
Please use plain text.