Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
jessicagayner
My Device: 9360

****FROZEN SOFTWARE UPDATE****

I started an update on my Blackberry 9360 Curve last night as it said my phone would be out of action for two hours - so I did this when my phone was not needed. 

However, when I woke up this morning my phone is stuck on 'Overall Backup Progress' at 9% on social feeds. The mobile network is also switched off - although I didnt do this and the phone was plugged in all night. 

I cant get off the backing up screen and a battery pull doesnt fix it - just returns straight back to this screen and stays on 9%. 

Ive seen this is a common problem but most peoples solutions involve unplugging it from their usb port of their computer. Well mine isnt plugged in!!! Any other ways to stop this and actually have a usable Blackberry today!!!

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: ****FROZEN SOFTWARE UPDATE****

Hi jessicagayner,

Welcome to BlackBerry support community forums. I guess you're Over The Air (OTA) update. I would suggest downloading the updated OS from your carrier download site. Then install the OS locally in your desktop/laptop, connect your device using USB cable. You can try this article to know more on updating device OS: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB29847&sliceID=1&command=show&forward=nonthr...

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
jessicagayner

I thought I was downloading the OS something directly onto my phone?? 

I have now done various battery pulls and plugged into my computer which seems to have stopped the update/back up. Only now my phone is frozen when it turns on, no screensaver that I normally have, cant unlock it and its coming up with a white timer as its resetting. 

I need my BB!!! Help!

New Contributor
jessicagayner

Almost like its gone to default as its showing the time as 12.00am