Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
kagee
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Facebook not working on Curve

I can't connect to Facebook on my Curve. It says "A connection cannot be established to the Facebook server." I've entered the correct login information just to be sure it's not my error. Can anyone offer suggestions or let me know if this is happening to others?

Thanks!

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Facebook not working on Curve

IIRC you should check whether you have the latest version of the Facebook application for Blackberry.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
kagee

My facebook is not connecting again. It's giving me the same error message but not until I hit the cancel option when trying to sign in. It keeps trying to log in all day. Is there something wrong with the latest version? I'm running 1.2.0 which I downloaded from this weekend.

Thanks.

Guru I
Xandrex

you have a link to the frequent errors for the facebook application here :
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/social/facebook.jsp#tab_tab_support

I can see the error about the login. Please do as specified on that support page.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
jking_11

I've been having the same problem for over a week now and the issue has yet to be resolved.
pchammond
My Device: blackberry curve 3G

I have the newest update for the facebook app but i do not receiving any notifications. the last 2 updates would not work. is there any way i can go back to the versions before 1.9.0.20?

Guru I
Xandrex

pchammond wrote:

I have the newest update for the facebook app but i do not receiving any notifications. the last 2 updates would not work. is there any way i can go back to the versions before 1.9.0.20?

hello,

about notifications you have some parameters to check :

1. on the Facebook website (you have to access it from a computer) : configure your account to receive notifications by email, to an email address that is received by your BlackBerry device
  2. on the BlackBerry device, check that you do receive emails for Facebook notifications
  3. on the BlackBerry device, in the Facebook application, check the configuration to swallow the emails from item 2.

shika_jane2
My Device: curve 8520

hi

i know this iaaue has been resolved. but i can't use my facebook. i downloaded it on bb world. 

When i oped fb it says : You are currently on a svc plan that doesnt support this apps. if u want to use this apps, pls contact ur svc provider to upgrade ur data plan. 

the only option left is Close

Please help thanks

i have 8520

Guru I
Xandrex

@shika_jane2
I suggest you do what is written in the message. Contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan. There is no other way (except if you wish to use the https://m.facebook.com/ website).

mkdave
My Device: Curve 8520

Facebook not working on Curve

I have recently purchased BB curve 8520 & downloaded FB application...But its not working.....plz give suggestion.....I have not activated BB services from my service provider. Is it necessary to for FB appln ???