Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Facebook not working on Curve

@mkdave yes the BB services are part of the requirements for the Facebook app.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mhavinz14
My Device: curve 8520 t-mobile

i have the same problem with shika_jane02. but i dont know how to contact my service provider so that i can upgrade my data plan. can someone help me. please? i want to use the facebook application. 

Please use plain text.
roelheman
My Device: curve 9300

After updating facebook to version V.2.0.0.58 it only works with Wi-Fi, all my other app's are still working on 3G

Please use plain text.
anishirke
My Device: 8520 curve

Hi All,

Please follow below procedure to uninstall facebook

Connect Blackberry device to computer & access  Blackberry software.

Click Application -> List of applications will appear

Select Facebook -> click on  remove 

Click on Apply

It will uninstall application.

Note: It will restart the device. Restart may take some time 

All the Best

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mako1981
My Device: blackberry8520

I have a curve 8520 and have been having trouble with loading facebook, keeps giving an error message can not connect to the fb server please try again later 1502, its been a week. I did a reset, deleted and re installed fb and reset again same thing. Please help
Please use plain text.
Whitey2011
My Device: Blackberry curve 9300

Hey I've just seen your post about Facebook not working, I am having the same problem with my new curve which I bought a few days ago, it is saying to contact my service provider :smileysad: what did you do to sort it out?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shawnreum
My Device: curve 8530

For starters the most current version of FB does have a connection issue for which RIM did not address to its fullest extent.

To get an older version of there is 2 things you can do, but I don't think they will hold, cause on my phone I was forced to update.
1) if you did a back up on BlackBerry desktop then you might be able to snag the older version of Facebook from there.

2) the other option is to do a search and see if there is a web site that has a independant download of Facebook that will not direct you to BlackBerry world.

Keep in mind that you could download an older version but it might not let you use the older version thru blackberry servers. The servers forced me to update to the most current version. The same may happen with anything older version you download.
Please use plain text.