Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
duckie1970
My Device: Not Specified

Failure to uninstall Blackberry Device Manager 7.0

Hello

I have a Blackberry Curve 8520 and was getting some errors when connecting to my PC.  I tried to uninstall Blackberry Desktop Software with the aim of re-installing the latest version afresh, but have become stuck as I am unable to unistall the associated Blackberry Device Manager 7.0.  When trying  to remove the program I get a Windows Installer message saying "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.  Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'Blackberry%20Device%20Manager_ENG[1].msi'"

I cannot get past this message.

I would appreciate any assistance in getting through this.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Failure to uninstall Blackberry Device Manager 7.0

Hi duckie1970,

This KB article should assist you in uninstalling the BlackBerry® Desktop Software. "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" when uninstalling BlackBerry Desktop Manager. http://bbry.lv/SYrxPB

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
duckie1970

Thanks for the help, FS, but I am afraid that none of the KB articles have any effect.  I downloaded the mischievous Blackberry Device Manager_ENG[1].msi file and browsed to that file when asked during the uninstall, but the error message just repeated the original message; "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable."

I also tried the clean uninstall as instructed in KB02206, but cannot get past step 3, as I get the same message as above.

Any further suggestions gratefully received.

Please use plain text.
FrankieS

Hi duckie1970,

Can you please try to download a fresh copy of the BlackBerry® Desktop Software and run the installation? Since the BlackBerry® Desktop Software is already installed on your computer the option of Repair and Remove should be available. Please try doing a repair of the software and then trying to uninstall it again.

Let me know if this helps.

-FS

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
duckie1970

Hello Frankie.  I have done as you suggested, but once again I get the same error.  I have even downloaded REVO unistalling software to try and make the uninstall cleaner, but without success.

Please use plain text.
FrankieS

Hi duckie1970,

Could you please try following the steps outlined in this KB article? "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" appears when attempting to open BlackBerry Desktop Software or install BlackBerry Device Software. http://bbry.lv/RLMRsf

Let me know if this helps.

-FS

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
duckie1970

Thanks, once again, but this still does not help.  I savethe installation package, then I try to run the installation package and the error returns almost immediately whilst it is "preparing to install".

It feels like the installation package is trying to look for itself and cannot continue.

Please use plain text.