Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

hahaceso
My Device: Not Specified

Few Questions with Sprint 8830 Email?

I just got a new sprint 8830 w/unlimited data,email etc.   Setup my email fine, able to send and recieve.  My phone is specifly use for work.  We are using Mircosoft Outlook 2007.  Have a few questions though:

1.  Why is their like a big delay when I recieve emails? i.e when I send a test email through my hotmail, or yahoo personal email account to my Sprint 8830 it takes forever atleast 15-30 mins to get it on my phone.  But when I send test emails through my phone I get it instantly into my hotmail or yahoo email? 

2.  When I'm at work and I have outlook open on my work computer, I get emails, but how come I don't recieve emails directly to my phone at the same time?  Or I won't get it at all?

3.  I have old emails on my work computer, can I sync the old emails into my 8830 and still be able to access it and i.e foreward old emails? 

Thank You :manhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
BBsingh
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Few Questions with Sprint 8830 Email?

1. Personal emails are set up on BIS (BlackBerry Internet service), it works on 15 minute polling cycle, evry 15 minutes BIS logs into your email and look fo rnew mail and push to BlackBerry. But if you have yahoo, gmail or godaddy account, it works on instant delivery, there should be no dealy for these three domains.

2. Work emails go through both BIS and BlackBErry ENterprise server(BES), if your company have one. But based on the secenario, it does not look liek you have one. SO if you are receving mail only whwn outlook is turned off, then follow this link to make chanes on Outlook to receive mail on BB, regardless the status off Outlook, since your work email seems to be set up though BIS, it will work on 15 minute cycle as well.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB12283&sliceId=SAL_Public&command=show&forwa...

3. You cannot SYNC old email, you can forward ehm back to yourself to recieve them on BB>

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Please use plain text.