Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

File Free problems

I have followed everything on every support website and I can't increase my file free above 9mb. My file free after a battery pull is at 8690391 bytes. I have a BB Pearl 8130. I have a 4gig card that holds all my music, pics, and videos. I have emptied call logs, deleted messages, cleared caches, removed everything I don't use. I have 3 third party apps: Facebook, UberTwitter and Epocrates Rx. I have only 8 things in my saved emails folder (texts, email and 1 MMS). I have memos (6), tasks that reoccur, calendar, and my address book is current with no duplicates. I deleted MySpace, Google Search, Twitterberry, Blackberry Messenger, Yahoo Messenger.  The only things that show up in my Applications (Advanced Options) Blackberry 4.5.0 Core Applications, Blackberry 4.5.0 System, BrickBreaker, Browser, Email Setup Wizard, Epocrates RX, Facebook (1.6), Memo Pad, Password Keeper, Phone, Tasks, and UberTwitter.  I took off everything I don't use. So what is causing the memory to be sucked up?:smileysurprised:

Solutions: 6,124
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: File Free problems

Troubleshoot the applications left and remove them one by one to see...

I would suggest epocrates, first, as I know it is a quite a large program. Obviously you need it (or wouldn't have it loaded).

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

I am in the process of deleting epocrates right now. I need it for my line of work, but I can go online and access drug info and interactions. At least it is just the free version and not the one I pay for. I think that might be the problem.... 10 minutes later, now......went up to 17383866 just removing that program. Do I still need to do the facebook and ubertwitter? 
Contributor

Also, are there other newer BB's, ie..storm, curve through verizon that have a larger internal memory. I do use the epocrates for my work.

If you need Epocrates for work, then by all means add it back.

If you watch your File Free close enough you should be able to keep it above 10mb file free.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Well stupid me uninstalled Facebook and it has a [CICAL] service book, which takes over my calendar instead of having a default calendar in purple, it shows up in blue, and I lost all my calendar entries. I had deleted the service book before I uninstalled it, let my default get back into my calendar before I uninstalled it. But after I uninstalled it and Ubertwitter (which gave me lots of free file) but after the restart, I had absolutely no calendar entries. I never could figure out a way to keep that certain Facebook service book from coming back. I would have to go in to delete it every time I would access it off my phone. That was a pain in the **bleep**, if you ask me. So now I hope by last backup (I do weekly) is somewhat current. I have over 400 entries in my calendar (work schedule, appointments, all day events, b-days, anniversaries, etc...). So what do I do now? Do you think if I reinstall Facebook the [CICAL] service book would take over my calendar and put all my stuff back?

Facebook V1.6 is having a common issue with all Blackberry users. When installed it is downloading birthdays and events from the users facebook calendar. There is a quick fix for this.

Once you load facebook V1.6 you can log on and go to options. Once in the options, uncheck the calendar integration or all Blackberry Application check boxes. Doing this will not allow Facebook to download anything.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Yeah I also figured out my [cical] problem too. I had no service books, for some reason, in my service books for my email accounts so I had them resend and now I have to figure out a way to get all the ones set at the default moved to my main calendar without having to do it manually.

Sync your calendar to Outlook, and get everything right in Outlook, then set your default on the BlackBerry and sync back from Outlook to the BlackBerry.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

All of my calendar entries are gone..I have been putting them in manually. I don't know if I have Outlook on my computer since I have a Mac. My PC has no internet connection  because of no wi-fi card and 2 rooms away from DSL router. I am looking right now to see if I have something like Outlook, besides iCal on my computer. I have a version from like 2005 when I got both Mac's. I would have to reinstall it since I did a custom install and only installed Word, Excel and Power Point. My default calendar was wiped clean and my last back up didn't have any entries for some reason. I backed up last night too. I use my PC for that.