Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
Boonman47

Filters

Hi

I use the Blacberry Pearl.  I went on line and set up my email address so that I get work emails on my Blackberry (we use MS Outlook 2003 and MS Exchange).  I get emails if I don't have any filter but if I use the filter I don't get the emails I am expecting, so it would appear I don't understand the filters.  However, I am not dumb and I can read the instructions, so I can't work out what the problem is.  Is there something strange I should know about?

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne

Re: Filters

Can you give an example of a filter you've created, the expected result, and what is happening.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Boonman47

OK.  I am puting in @domain.com in to the filter and I am expecting to receive ONLY those emails from people with email addresses that end with "@domain.com".  I did not get them so I then put the full email address of those people I communicate with and again I did not get anything.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
d_fisher

Every item within a filter must be met for the filter to apply. Can you list all the exact settings within your filter?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Boonman47

OK.  This is what I did.

1.  Gave the filter a name.

2.  In the "Apply filter when:" box I selected "From" field.

3.  In the "Contains" box I entered the full e-mail address of the people I want to receive e-mails from.  Each address is seperated by a semi-colon.

4.  I then selected "Do not forward messages to devise".  Is this where the error is?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne

by selecting do not forward it is not delivering the message ...
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Boonman47

I changed this and checked the  box "Forward messages to device" on the 2nd. page and I am still not getting messages.

Now I have change the box on the 1st. page "When no filters apply" to "Forward messages to devise" (see below).  This should mean I get ALL messages, so let's see what happens now.

Please use plain text.